Author Topic: Another Top 10 list  (Read 8421 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Another Top 10 list
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2013, 08:14:32 AM »
That's really a classic take in the style of the 50's. 

If you like the waitress outfits, I'm sure you'll also like this important CPR training from the French Maids...and the "Help" when it arrives...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngYAoZn-pmU&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DngYAoZn-pmU&has_verified=1

That was very helful, vielen Dank. I do like the didactic approach.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2013, 09:09:56 AM »
It's heartwarming to see educational services like this being provided by the LBO.  It's all about people caring for people. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2013, 12:42:04 PM »
Yes, très bien said. Voulez vous CPR avec moi? Sometimes, only  sometimes, I find being an asthmatic rewarding.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:25:54 PM by uwe »

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2013, 02:36:48 PM »
Yes, très bien said. Voulez vous CPR avec moi? Sometimes, only  sometimes, I find being an asthmatic rewarding.

I can identify with this to a degree.  I don't have asthma, but I'm so allergic to some dogs, it can cause me to have an asthmatic allergic reaction.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:26:10 PM by uwe »
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2013, 03:32:40 PM »
Tell me what's new then. I accidentally inhaled a dog hair on Christmas. It clogged up my bronchial tubes (as my immune system was going ape) over night to the effect that I could no longer open them to breathe - it's reassuring to know that suffocating like that wakes you up in deep sleep in a split-second!  :mrgreen: I then had a coughing fit for about 20 seconds - still no air - that tore up all my tonsils to a degree that I still haven't regained my voice in full today.

God bless cortisone!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2013, 03:57:21 PM »

Bonus T'bird content... ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2013, 06:40:48 PM »
Tell me what's new then. I accidentally inhaled a dog hair on Christmas. It clogged up my bronchial tubes (as my immune system was going ape) over night to the effect that I could no longer open them to breathe - it's reassuring to know that suffocating like that wakes you up in deep sleep in a split-second!  :mrgreen: I then had a coughing fit for about 20 seconds - still no air - that tore up all my tonsils to a degree that I still haven't regained my voice in full today.

God bless cortisone!

What I have is bad.  I'm allergic to so many things.  Once an allergist was doing a patch test.  He said he had to stop it because I was allergic to so many things and was beginning to break out in hives.  He said I was allergic to everything they tested me for except for a certain type of tree that only grows in South America. Nevertheless, that isn't as bad as asthma in which breathing can stop completely.  What you're describing is something worse than hell itself. 

--Blaise Pascal

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2013, 06:42:01 PM »

Bonus T'bird content... ;)

Definitely appropriate.  Good song, too.   :)

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2013, 05:39:15 AM »

What I have is bad.  I'm allergic to so many things.  Once an allergist was doing a patch test.  He said he had to stop it because I was allergic to so many things and was beginning to break out in hives.  He said I was allergic to everything they tested me for except for a certain type of tree that only grows in South America. Nevertheless, that isn't as bad as asthma in which breathing can stop completely.  What you're describing is something worse than hell itself.  
I console myself with the fact that it is all in the head (and I'm allergic to most anything too)! It never happens to me on vacation. That and high humidity - I never have it then either. I should really move in with my reptiles into the terrarium and complete transformation. I just wasn't made to be a mammal!

The bass necks wouldn't warp there too. Fact: the basses closest to my terrarium never get "spiky" necks in winter or warp their necks much; drawback: the high ultraviolet light emitted from there (reptiles can never have enough of it, skin cancer is unknown to them) bleaches the fins like hell, violet/purple turns to sepia etc!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 06:40:30 PM by uwe »

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2013, 09:14:44 AM »
^
I think mental attitude may be a factor, but probably not the determining factor.  I've become so upset that I've started experiencing what feels like an allergic reaction, but this is pretty rare.  Also, being relaxed can probably help things.  Ultimately, though, I believe this is mostly about the physical.  My problem for a while was trying to get relatives to understand that I was allergic to their dogs and it didn't really matter how cute the dogs might be.  That wasn't the issue. 

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2013, 02:43:58 PM »
Give Yngwie some credit. He was once a sprightly, talented 21-year old with tone, taste and stage flash.

No idea what happened then. But unlike Randy Rhoads and John Sykes, he could play fast AND in time. That helps if you're conservative in such things like me.

The great Graham Bonnet is a bit flat throughout on the above track, but he can still do it today though not as turbo-pitched high as he used to.

He did better here - with some other unknown guitarist whiz kid fresh from Frank Zappa ... It occurs to me why Vai can play the stuff as liquid as he does, just look at his spider fingers!

« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 02:54:43 PM by uwe »

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2013, 02:46:51 PM »
I've always found Vai and "Maelstrom" rather cold and soul-less players... just an opinion...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2013, 02:58:20 PM »
Sykes is a Brit gut player (with quite a bit of Gary Moore influence, but he's always admotted that).

But Yngwie and Vai cold? Yingwie has classical feel, he really does. And Vai - like him or not, nobody can emulate his sound - is maybe not a bleeding heart player, but he's musicianly. It's intellect and art, but not sheer technique.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2013, 03:03:19 PM »
I'm having a hard time getting past the "Dear Fabulous Henry J."  It makes me think of the Fabulous Thunderbirds (Tuff Enough,) and Randy California's Kapt. Kopter and the Fabulous Twirly Birds.  Of course, Henry J. has some fabulous Thunderbirds, too. 

--Blaise Pascal

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2013, 03:09:14 PM »
I went thru the phase in my adolescent years where I was into Yngwie and Vai quite a bit.  Interest in Vai faded at or around Passion and Warfare.  His humble beginnings on Flexable were my favorite (probably because of the obvious Zappa influence)

As for Yngwie, I remember listening to this LP quite a bit (and the Alcatrazz stuff too)

(Barriemore Barlow on drums there, IIRC)