Author Topic: Concerts you regret NOT seeing  (Read 9617 times)

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
Re: Concerts you regret NOT seeing
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2010, 06:53:25 PM »
I still have not seen Rush but hope to catch them on their upcoming North American tour.  They are going to be playing Moving Pictures in its entirety!  My first taste of Rush was Caress Of Steel.

Really? The entire album, eh? Hmm, that might be worth the price of admission. I've seen them several times but that would be special. And "Caress of Steel" is a great album!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2010, 01:55:17 AM »
I still have one  ;)

Damn... 8) I got the kicking the skull shirt - believe it or not, I (think - may not have the really ugly Hemispheres shirt) still have 1 of all their tour shirts, right back to 1977 with the tour dates on the back and a rather misshapen starman on the front... My daughter wore the first tour shirt for their last UK tour, which got some appreciative remarks...

I remember them playing the "Fear" trilogy back-to-back more than once... they played a fair amount of "Caress..." on the '78 tour

No news of a UK leg...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Hornisse

« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2010, 02:26:41 PM »
I read about the North American leg in Classic Rock which is a UK publication.  I'd love to hear some Caress stuff live.  On ATWAS all we got were opener Bastille Day and then Lakeside Park.  I really liked The Fountain Of Lamneth.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2010, 02:22:50 AM »
Definitely played that in '78, with a nice new unreleased at the time tune... some song called Cygnus X-1... ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...