Gear Discussion Forums > Rickenbacker Basses

Cool Rics on eBay / Reverb / Craigslist

<< < (376/379) > >>

Dave W:
Never thought I'd see a 90s 4004C at that kind of price. Still a great looker.

Paul Boyer:
Dave W sold his to me back in '03 or '04! I sold it a few years ago, some somebody else is enjoying it. The lightest Rick bass ever!

ilan:

--- Quote from: Paul Boyer on March 18, 2024, 08:48:37 AM ---The lightest Rick bass ever!

--- End quote ---

The new-ish 4003SW are also about 1lbs. lighter than maple-bodied Rics, at ~8lbs. I'd like one day to get a maple board 4004C, but not for $3K+...

Dave W:

--- Quote from: Paul Boyer on March 18, 2024, 08:48:37 AM ---Dave W sold his to me back in '03 or '04! I sold it a few years ago, some somebody else is enjoying it. The lightest Rick bass ever!

--- End quote ---

I forgot that you had sold it. You were the third owner. I bought it from member fur85 back in the Dudepit days.

Paul Boyer:
Wow! I had Jeff Rath modify it to vol/vol/tone so the microswitch is gone. Did that not long after I bought it from you. Gigged it for a while. After the book was published (and it is featured in the book), I sold most of my basses, but held on to the Cheyenne for a few more years. I sold it maybe four or five years ago. Loved that bass!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version