Author Topic: Nice LPB-3 at Ishibashi  (Read 4824 times)

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
Re: Nice LPB-3 at Ishibashi
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2018, 08:02:41 AM »
I've said in the past that two of my basses are so clean, they were never set up! According to this thread, not grooving the nylon saddles is the norm. I checked four basses & only my Les Paul bass was grooved. My EB-0 had string marks in the saddles but was never grooved. This photo is of a '68 EB-2DC.

There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2018, 06:45:52 PM »
As the photo above shows, the bar bridge has set screws that allow you to use it with posts either offset or aligned, and (I would guess) for some intonation adjustment.

I have the bar bridge on my '64 EB-0 and the intonation is just fine.  I think it's a good bridge.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2018, 01:38:28 AM »
No, those tiny hex screws are for securing the bridge.
Often they are overlooked and people demolish the string posts by trying to raise/lower them without loosening the hex screws first.

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2018, 08:38:43 AM »
Sale's over on the LP standard and the price is back up again. Unlike that bass, I'm betting you guys are going to scramble to get your hands on the new evertilt replacement once you see it.  8)
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2018, 03:42:42 PM »
As the photo above shows, the bar bridge has set screws that allow you to use it with posts either offset or aligned, and (I would guess) for some intonation adjustment.

I have the bar bridge on my '64 EB-0 and the intonation is just fine.  I think it's a good bridge.

No, those tiny hex screws are for securing the bridge.
Often they are overlooked and people demolish the string posts by trying to raise/lower them without loosening the hex screws first.

I don't think you can put the bar bridge on aligned posts, the spacing isn't quite the same as the offset posts. Besides, the angle of the raised bar is designed to work with the offset posts.

Rob is right about the hex screws, and not just on the bar bridge. I've seen string posts on wraptail guitar bridges damaged that way.