Author Topic: Germany leads the way in research  (Read 7457 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Germany leads the way in research
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2015, 08:07:40 AM »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2015, 08:16:07 AM »
Unless you're away from your home bowl, Uwe, not pooping for 3 days is probably a sign that you need to cut back on the bratwosrt, all the worsts really, and up your sourkraut intake.

I do not wanna be the guy behind you in line for the airplane bathroom when one of those rings the bell.

Sauerkraut, dear Jake, has the exact opposite effect!

I'm not one of those people that can only take a crap at home. That is like people that can only play over "their amp" - constipated guitarists and such.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2015, 08:19:56 AM »
If Germany ever makes another run at taking over the world I'm sure this will be required reading and become the standard method of pooping ;D.
Rick

Heute gehört uns Deutschland und morgen die ganze Welt. Und alle Toiletten!!!

Oochie kaka-oh! Yeah right.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 08:26:58 AM by uwe »

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2015, 08:40:26 AM »
I was eager to accept my previous link's validity because I'm not a fan of fluoride. I think this next link may be a better case for my argument.
http://fluoridealert.org/articles/phosphate01/
If that's not quaky enough, here's something about Kubrick's alleged knowledge of the illuminati.
http://vigilantcitizen.com/moviesandtv/the-hidden-and-not-so-hidden-messages-in-stanley-kubriks-eyes-wide-shut-pt-i/

Not to be a downer, but all I have to do is see the base HTML address of those links and I start chuckling.  One has to evaluate the source of anything on the Internet.  You don't even have to click the link to guess their agenda.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2015, 09:43:44 AM »
Sauerkraut, dear Jake, has the exact opposite effect!

I'm not one of those people that can only take a crap at home. That is like people that can only play over "their amp" - constipated guitarists and such.

LOL - I know too many guitards like that.

No, no mein freud.  Ye olde soured cabbage is full of fibre and, more importantly since it is a fermented food (at least the Polish way of making it) it also replenishes your healthy gut fauna.  Also good for this purpose: Kimchi, proper pickles (not vinegar based) etc.
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2015, 11:31:14 AM »
I don't see anything wrong with an agenda submitting the idea that byproducts of the phosphorous mining industry shouldn't be in the municipal water supply. As for vigilante citizen, I just think it's fascinating and bizarre more so than concerning. Check out the new Brooke Candy video.

Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2015, 11:48:05 AM »
LOL - I know too many guitards like that.

No, no mein freud.  Ye olde soured cabbage is full of fibre and, more importantly since it is a fermented food (at least the Polish way of making it) it also replenishes your healthy gut fauna.  Also good for this purpose: Kimchi, proper pickles (not vinegar based) etc.

My bad, we're actually in agreement, Jake, I had misread your email, you wrote I should increase Sauerkraut intake rather than cut it! Duh. Sauerkraut works wonders on your bowels. Sometimes even before you finish eating it.  :mrgreen:

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2015, 01:14:46 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with an agenda submitting the idea that byproducts of the phosphorous mining industry shouldn't be in the municipal water supply. As for vigilante citizen, I just think it's fascinating and bizarre more so than concerning.

True enough, and I occasionally visit an offbeat/wacko website or two to enjoy their nuttiness.

It seems that increasingly, people seek out only websites which reinforce the ideas they already hold. It's increasingly important to consider the source and only believe what you get from sources that are solid and authoritative. Even then, do more homework. When it comes to issues around health, chemicals and the environment, I generally define those sources as science-based. The fluoride page seems to have some good info here and there, but also cites a "recently obtained and translated PhD dissertation"...from 1975. I guess 40-year-old studies are considered "recent" when they make the point you want to make.

As for the fluoride, it sounds like the industry's history parallels that of oil, lead, coal and many other industries. Many of them spewed contaminants in terrible ways until regulation forced them to clean up. That's a good reason not to go the conservative-espoused route of less regulation and letting industries do as they please.  History shows it does not work.

In terms of the food supply, a chemical is a chemical regardless of source. Food is made up of chemicals. Plenty of chemicals (and minerals) are beneficial in small doses, poisonous in large doses. I'm not disturbed by that aspect of it.

Vigilant Citizen?  I agree, bizarre and (possibly) fascinating are good words to describe it. I've never understood how people can get so fixated on analyzing details like the wall hangings in a movie.

At this forum, I can always be assured of good, wholesome allusions to anal sex, trains (sometimes in tunnels), an interesting assortment of WWII weaponry, and the occasional Uwe Nazi-poop photo. It's downright reassuring!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2015, 01:29:38 PM »
Wading through all the disinformation can be an arduous task. Ignorance and closed mindedness is never a good thing and hearing balanced unbiased information to form an opinion is a god send but not always possible. The fourth estate has become part and parcel of a bastardized government. I'm thankful for Matt Drudge, Michael Savage and though he's admittedly a bit of a fear monger, Alex Jones.
I don't think you're a downer and this pooping related thread is by no means a bummer.  :rimshot:
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2015, 02:20:06 PM »
Ari, that article bears no resemblance to actual science, and the several fluorides used to fluoridate drinking water aren't made from industrial waste. They aren't different from naturally occurring fluorides in water.

I grew up before there were fluoridated toothpastes and long before municipal water fluoridation in our city, but the water wells in our area were naturally high in fluoride, well above what's added to public water supplies. Mottled teeth weren't uncommon but no one got poisoned.

Even when some levels of a chemical are toxic, it doesn't mean the chemical is always bad. For example, potassium chloride is used to good effect in some blood pressure medications, and it's used in much higher amounts in some lethal injection cocktails. And then there's ethanol.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2015, 02:22:34 PM »
Anyway, there's poop, and then there's poop from airplanes. It can "rain" on your party:o

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2015, 03:39:50 PM »
Blue... Velvet... (tissue)

Here's a classic true story from back in the day involving the blue-flush... they had a 707 that had a blocked loo and some bright spark noted that the air-start cart (a T2 with a BIG compressor on the back) hoses were the same size as the outflow from the toilet tank so...
He put a board on top of the loo and stood on it... they fired up the compressor and a short while later they heard shouting coming from inside to shut it down... yes indeed, it cleared the blockage, rammed him into the roof, and plastered him with blue-dye'd product, paper, and lumps...!
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2015, 04:39:40 PM »
One of my favorite sayings:  "Just because something is possible doesn't necessarily mean that it's a good idea."