Gear Discussion Forums > Guitars Etc.

Gibson J-45 custom

<< < (2/12) > >>

drbassman:

--- Quote from: nofi on October 19, 2009, 09:18:05 AM ---i agree. in that price range you can get a much better instrument. you can only stetch the gibson rep so far and when you get into acoustic guitars i would forget about 'em.

--- End quote ---

What would you recommend?

drbassman:

--- Quote from: Chris P. on October 19, 2009, 09:59:41 AM ---The J45 is a legend. Buy it!

--- End quote ---

I know, I know!  I liked it over the GUilds and Taylors I played at similar prices.  What's a bass player to do???!?!

Dave W:
I would look at a Seagull Artist in that price range (Seagull is Godin's premium flattop line). But I'd probably buy a less fancy Seagull and pocket the change.

drbassman:

--- Quote from: Dave W on October 19, 2009, 10:47:44 AM ---I would look at a Seagull Artist in that price range (Seagull is Godin's premium flattop line). But I'd probably buy a less fancy Seagull and pocket the change.

--- End quote ---

Why do you like the Seagulls?

Highlander:
Johnathan Livingston...  ;D

Okay Dr Acoustical... if you are spending SERIOUS money on an acoustic (and I don't know your musical background, Bill), your own ears are more important than anyones opinion but I'd probably do a "blindfold" test, to remove the "name -placebo" effect from the equation, once you have your shortlist...

A retirement present to yourself...? (something you said elsewhere, Doc...)

Owning only one acoustic guitar, a 12 string Ibanez V302, that I've had since 1980, with a beautifully sweet tone, even when seriously Alvin'd, and a budget mandolin (with a suspect tone, but it was to learn on, and it was the third one, after a batch of structural issues with  the previous 2...), I'd love to own a true "quality" acoustic, and a mandolin, and a pedal-steel, and a nice acoustic piano, and a double bass, and...  ;D

Oh yeah, and a '57 LP gold top, preferably Duane's, but I'd settle for his slide SG...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version