Gear Discussion Forums > Guitars Etc.

$5 60's Harmony with Mahogany body

(1/3) > >>

godofthunder:
I found this at a local yard sale, they were asking $10 I got it for $5  :) I bought  it to sell on ebay but I took it home and strung her up and WOW what a fantastic sounding guitar, I was floored ! The body is all solid mahogany not ply. Man this thing just sings, lots of mids with shimmering overtones. Almost sounds like a autoharp or a zyther. I had been looking for a guitar for quite some time and was prepared to spend a fair amount of $ for one but I think I have found my guitar. For a Harmony it plays pretty good, has the steel reinforced neck, no adjustment on the truss rod  :rolleyes: I need to shave the bridge down a little on the treble side. Her she is, she has place of pride by my dresser.

Dave W:
Five bucks!  :o  You got a deal!

I don't know much about the resale value of various Harmony acoustics except in keeping an eye out for a tenor guitar I've noticed them going for up to several hundred. Some of the desirable electrics like the H22 bass or Stratotone guitar can go for more than that.

godofthunder:
I figured I could at least get $100 out of it on ebay, but I am going to keep it .....................hazard of the job ;)

Highlander:
You could get some cool bodies out of that dresser... ;D

(nice find...)

Lightyear:
Nice!  Even if it was a doggy there would have been some great donor wood ;D

What is your dresser made out of?  Walnut?  It is a very beautiful piece of furniture.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version