Author Topic: FYI Gibson style chokes, switches and varitone plates  (Read 720 times)

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
FYI Gibson style chokes, switches and varitone plates
« on: November 17, 2010, 06:23:30 PM »
I cannot remember where my post was about those later Gibby style 1.5 Henry chokes but for an update:

I have exchanged emails with Curtis about the bobbins today and am getting a price quote on a gross of bobbins...or a few free samples if I can get some (I'm kind of broke right at the moment), but he says he can wind them. I should be driving close to him next month on my way to Sacramento, Ca where I am going to over out this coming Texas winter. It might be possible to stop by and wave hello to him enroute as I have a 70's mudbucker that needs repair I would like to drop off.

May as well update the varitone plate info:

I will be taking about 25 made up blanks with me and that will be all I have until about next March when I come back to Pecos.

3 pole 4 throw (EB3/Ripper) switches update:

When I get back to Pecos I will be carrying a stock of switches again but not until then.
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
Re: FYI Gibson style chokes, switches and varitone plates
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 10:15:46 AM »
count me in for a ripper switch.
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
Re: FYI Gibson style chokes, switches and varitone plates
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 03:27:18 PM »
i recieved an email from Curtis today. he got in some bobbin samples (which were a bear to find the correct type) and he is winding a few prototype chokes. i told him not to send them until i get out to California and get my new address to him. i should be leaving this week on the drive. i will keep you updated as info comes in.

"Hey I had to be out of town for a few days for a funeral, I got backsunday to see my bobbin samples had arrived. I will try to wind up aset and send them on in the next couple days. yeah I can help with the other projects... thanks,curtis"
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW