Author Topic: Epi NR 5 string  (Read 578 times)

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
Epi NR 5 string
« on: September 26, 2010, 06:28:45 AM »
No affiliation with seller, but I saw this on the 'Bay this morning and made me think of Hörnisse' photo he posted a while back of him with his Fiver. Must be a fairly uncommon one these days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-5-String-Non-Reverse-Thunderbird-Bass-Guitar-/130435175794?pt=Guitar&hash=item1e5e8ad572
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Epi NR 5 string
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 07:30:31 AM »
I have one of those - gives new meaning to the term "neck-heavy". In a league with those Krame alu necks. Otherwise a sturdy and well-made bass though the stock pups have issues picking up B and G string evenly, replacement pups are advised.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 08:23:34 AM »

I had one for awhile, it was very neck heavy tho I could deal with that. The narrow string spacing on the other hand just did not suit me at all. It went out the door doubletime as trade fodder to BassNW when I found (the carcass of what became my Green '76) a real Thunderbird instead.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Hornisse

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 08:48:33 AM »
Neck heavy for sure!  I replaced the pots and jack in mine and used Gibson knobs.  The spacing was too tight though.  It was a fun bass to play and always got comments.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 01:36:45 PM »
I like my 4-stringer a lot and I've thought about selling it, but it is so beat to crap I doubt I could get anywhere near what I paid for it last year. Never mind that the neck is perfect and someone used it as an axe.  >:(
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.