Author Topic: The Washington coast  (Read 2483 times)

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
Re: The Washington coast
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2010, 08:51:07 PM »
Thats beautiful country Mark. The whole Desert to rainy mountains and coastline in a small(-ish) area is intriguing. Interesting to see those gun emplacements too.
Digresion our specialty!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2010, 12:02:03 PM »
Have you (V) sorted out your drummer yet, got him "her'd"...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Bargeon

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2010, 05:48:33 AM »
Mark,
I love the Penninsula, glad you had a chance to see it.
I have quick story that may sound familiar:

We were driving Rt 101 up to Port Angelese and were told to watch our speed because the cops are vigilant along that stretch. So we did. At some point in the middle of nowhere we pulled into one of those little coffee stands (ya' know? just one person and an expresso machine,  "blue cars $.25 off today", they don't have those in the rest of the country).
And on the front of the booth was a sign saying that if you presented them with a speeding ticket with the current date, you got a free cup of coffee!!
--Still kicking myself for not having the camera.

Dyslexics untie!

birdie

• Trying hard to be the person my dog thinks I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2010, 07:09:49 AM »
I think in cricketing terms that's described as batting both ways... or is that butting...? ;D

putting in the rough! ;)
Fleet Guitars

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2010, 10:24:35 AM »
Mark,
I love the Penninsula, glad you had a chance to see it.
I have quick story that may sound familiar:

We were driving Rt 101 up to Port Angelese and were told to watch our speed because the cops are vigilant along that stretch. So we did. At some point in the middle of nowhere we pulled into one of those little coffee stands (ya' know? just one person and an expresso machine,  "blue cars $.25 off today", they don't have those in the rest of the country).
And on the front of the booth was a sign saying that if you presented them with a speeding ticket with the current date, you got a free cup of coffee!!
--Still kicking myself for not having the camera.

That's Awesome!
I love driving out on the Peninsula except for the very stretch you're talking about because there's almost no places to pass slow traffic, in contrast to the west of P.A. where the road is much better for driving fun.
When were you out for a visit?

I love this shot with very tall trees on both sides of the road

Pt. Angeles has a long spit of land that forms a bay and protects the harbor ( with a Coast Guard station at it's end. As you can see the Olympic mountains come right to the edge of the Strait of Juan de Fuca, I simply love the place and hope to retire there someday.  

« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 02:04:13 PM by TBird1958 »
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2010, 10:30:29 AM »
The West Coast (of Scotland) is my hope for my latter years, too...

Looks like a beautiful part of the world... here's to hope...! :toast:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...