Author Topic: Uh oh... Joan Jett sues Jackie Fox  (Read 10150 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Uh oh... Joan Jett sues Jackie Fox
« on: September 01, 2009, 02:44:42 PM »
The sad story, also here.

Time for all good bassists to rise to Jackie's defense!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Uh oh... Joan Jett sues Jackie Fox
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 02:47:41 PM »
She should have slept with her more often, silly girl.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 02:50:59 PM »
I will volunteer to sleep with Jackie if it will help settle the legal dispute.

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 03:45:45 PM »
screw Jackie Fox,i side with Jett!
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 03:56:37 PM »
Not to worry. Jackie is an attorney (entertainment law) these days, and you know how insufferable they can be... ;D
BTW, not just any ol' chick bass player y'know. The legend goes that Jackie left The Runaways after a series of incidents culminating with a backstage mishap that resulted in the headstock breaking off her prized white '64-'65(?) Thunderbird - which had been left uninsured. A true Gibson girl!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqCgEn-zG4A&feature=related
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 05:32:12 PM »
I'll sleep with Megan Fox if it'll help. hahaa
Movies are gooood

I'm with Skate Rat, I side with Jett!

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 05:40:59 PM »
I had occasion to correspond with Jackie through MySpace last year and she was friendly, gracious, and went out of her way to help me track down a friend who I hadn't seen in 20 years who had once been married to her uncle. She didn't have to do any of that (or even answer my initial inquiry), but she did. You can bet I'm rooting for her in this. The fact that she played a Thunderbird is just icing on the cake.  :mrgreen:

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 05:56:28 PM »
I had occasion to correspond with Jackie through MySpace last year and she was friendly, gracious, and went out of her way to help me track down a friend who I hadn't seen in 20 years who had once been married to her uncle. She didn't have to do any of that (or even answer my initial inquiry), but she did. You can bet I'm rooting for her in this. The fact that she played a Thunderbird is just icing on the cake.  :mrgreen:

Hear, hear!  :mrgreen:

Truth is, we don't know from newspaper stories what the actual complaint alleges. We don't know if the allegations are accurate. And above all, we don't know what legal rights either of them has to the Runaways name. IOW, Jackie could be blocking approval of a movie, but maybe she has the legal right to. For all we know, Kim Fowley could be claiming ownership too.

From Jackie's MySpace page: AUGUST 30, 2009: To those of you who have asked about the complaint that Joan Jett, Kenny Laguna and Blackheart Records have filed against me in a New York court, I will just say thank you for your support and concern. I'm not going to comment on pending litigation -- just know that the complaint ALLEGES certain things. It doesn't mean that they are true. Also, apparently there is someone posting on other sites under my name. It isn't me. There is a lot of erroneous information floating around out there and unfortunately is is upsetting to Runaways fans. If I have anything to say about the Runaways, I will say it here.

Go Jackie!

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 05:57:10 PM »
Joan is getting her just desserts for pissing all over Edgeplay (which was the first feature about the Runaways) which was somewhat of a collaboration between the other Runaways band members. She may think she was the only person in that band that mattered, but she was only one of many, later career not withstanding.

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 06:24:29 PM »
Joan is getting her just desserts for pissing all over Edgeplay (which was the first feature about the Runaways) which was somewhat of a collaboration between the other Runaways band members. She may think she was the only person in that band that mattered, but she was only one of many, later career not withstanding.

At least Edgeplay was the real deal - and very sad in some parts. Those last few scenes with Sandy West are almost haunting.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 06:43:45 PM »
i think anyone who "quits the band" has no say or ownership whatever .
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 06:44:23 PM »
Jackie pursued legal action first - read about it a few weeks ago.  The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle but he/she with the most resources($$$$) will most likely prevail.  That would be the petite brunette with foul mouth ;)

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 07:30:16 PM »

If Joan Jett had kept The Runaways going over the last 30 years I might agree, but that's not the case. The other band members tried to tell their story and, with Sandy getting sick, it became an even more poignant one. From what I remember, Joan wanted no part of it and made things difficult for them at the time. Probably because she was shopping 'her' version. Now she and her managers (who weren't even there at the time) want to profit from the story while excluding the other players from taking part even though they contributed to that success as well. The law being what it is, we'll have to wait and see who prevails. But I don't think anyone can legitimately say Jackie's (original) complaint is without merit.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 07:52:07 PM »

That just ain't necessarily so.

Quote from: Lightyear

Jackie pursued legal action first - read about it a few weeks ago.  The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle but he/she with the most resources($$$$) will most likely prevail.  That would be the petite brunette with foul mouth

I hadn't read that she sued first.

I would say Jackie has the advantage, Joan's $$$$ aren't unlimited while Jackie is a practicing attorney in this very same area, as well as a Harvard Law School grad.

Plus she's a bassist.

Plus she's still hot, while Joan Jett since her facelift(s) looks like Nancy Pelosi's younger sister.

So there.  8)

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 08:04:03 PM »
Very persuasive arguments!! Now I'm neutral.  :rolleyes:

Sorry, can't see cheering for a lawyer. :D

ooops ~ No offense to Uwe, our illustrious moderator & co-host.