Author Topic: Michael Jackson Dead?????  (Read 10931 times)

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Re: Michael Jackson Dead?????
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2009, 08:15:59 AM »
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

bobyoung

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2009, 10:12:52 AM »
Ken, we should show some respect. After all, he touched so many children....

Dave I think in all fairness we can start now, haha!:

Even after his death, Michael Jackson is still being accused of being a pedophile
A morgue attendant checking on Michael accused him of feeling a little stiff

The Jackson family has requested that his body be released next Tuesday
Tuesday is plastics recycling pick up day

What was Michael Jackson's idea of a perfect 10?
Two five year olds.

What does MJ think is the best thing about twenty-nine year olds?
There's twenty of them.

What is black and blue and hates sex?
The 8 year old boy locked in MJ's basement.

In memory of Michael Jackson's passing, department stores around the world will have little boy's pants half off.

McDonald's is coming out with a special happy meal in memory of Michael?
It's 50-year-old meat between a couple of ten-year-old buns.

Don't worry, Michael Jackson will always be with us because he is not biodegradable.

MJ didn't die of a heart attack, he was found in the Children's Ward having a stroke.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2009, 10:35:16 AM »

I can't and wouldn't defend any of MJ's bizarre behaviour, some of it is completely detestable........

I do however unlike the rest of you go out dancing on a regular basis (twice weekly) and this weekend I heard a bit more MJ than usual. People on the dance floor cheered, including me - so for the music and the fun I appreciate him.
And just from the decency standpoint making fun of some one dying young (50 is too early to check out) is in poor taste, any of you have a parent or child die young?  I have.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2009, 01:31:46 PM »
Mark, I don't think anyone's making fun because he died young. It's because his life and behavior were beyond bizarre over the years. And he was personally responsible for all of it. If the drug abuse allegations are true, it's likely he's directly responsible for his own death.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2009, 02:27:49 PM »
No offense intended Mark. Yes to your question.
With celebraties, its more the persona or image that gets the mickey taken rather than THE actual person who very few ppl were really aware of anyway.

In death as in life that persona is a sitting duck.
Digresion our specialty!

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2009, 03:06:06 PM »
I heard he choked on a small bone...
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2009, 04:54:16 PM »
I'm not a MJ basher - as I said earlier, I think he's another generation's Elvis.  I just thought the weirdness overtook the talent in the last decade-plus.  I won't be suprised if he died of a drug overdose administered by his "attending doctor". Many of the rock stars who die are being "attended" and it does them no good - the "doctors" are often part of the problem.

And yes, the quotes are intentional.  I wouldn't let many of these "doctors" treat a hangnail.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 09:54:00 PM by Pilgrim »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2009, 09:12:33 PM »
I'm sorry he died, whatever the cause, even though I was not a fan at all. But his family's obvious desire for massive publicity is bordering on obscene. He was off the radar in the US until he died suddenly, now we have the spectacle of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and the family wants worldwide public tributes? Disgusting. 

bobyoung

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2009, 09:41:23 PM »
My youngest brother OD'ed about ten years ago at the age of 32 and my eldest sister (two years younger than me) died of a pulmonary embolism about a year later so I know what it is like to have people you love suddenly taken from you. I am sorry if the jokes offended anyone but I have absolutely no respect for ahem... alleged pedophiles and also feel that comparing him to Elvis, a Beatle or anyone else of that stature is a stretch, he was talented yes, but John Lennon he was not.

And remember:

One of Farrah Fawcetts' last wishes was for all the children of the world to be happy and safe. A few hours later Michael Jackson died! God works in mysterious ways.

Hornisse

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2009, 09:47:20 PM »
R.I.P. Michael.   :sad:

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2009, 03:29:13 AM »
I think it's sad that Michael Jackson died, I wish him the best. The eighties are now over for good, just as the fifties were over for good when Elvis died. His pedophile leanings and acts - the extent of latter I cannot judge (a hungry prosecutor failed twice with MJ lest that be forgotten) - don't rule out any sympathy for the guy (if not for his acts) before or after his death. A German magazine printed a - rather well-done -1995 pencil sketch self-portrait of MJ which shows him huddled in the corner as a child with a mike in his hands. That is pretty telling I think.

He is also not the only rock or pop star who has dabbled with underage sex, Jerry Lee Lewis or Chuck Berry come to mind as just a few. And I sometimes wonder if public judgement about MJ would have been quiet as damning had his pedophile approaches been of hetero- rather than homosexual nature.  

All that won't prevent me telling this one though (people will be allowed to tell jokes about me once I'm gone too):

"Given MJ's many plastic surgeries, it has been decided that his body will neither be buried nor cremated, but recycled into Lego bricks.

Why?

So the children have a chance to play with him first for once."

I can laugh about that joke and still appreciate his musical talent and the tragedy of his life.

Uwe
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 07:07:31 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2009, 05:33:25 AM »
It's because his life and behavior were beyond bizarre over the years. And he was personally responsible for all of it. If the drug abuse allegations are true, it's likely he's directly responsible for his own death.

Well said, Dave. The key word is "responsible". Not everybody is a victim, and when they are, it doesn't mean you have a lifetime membership in the club. At some point, you have to get up, dust yourself off and "start with the man in the mirror" (pun intended). Every one of us has to endure some kind of hardship, every one of us struggles with something - but ultimately, every one of us is responsible for our actions.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2009, 11:38:38 AM »
Just a quibble, Uwe. Only one made it to the prosecution stage. MJ paid Jordan Chandler and his parents $20,000,000 to make the first one go away. No cooperating prosecuting witness, no prosecution... $20,000,000 worth of smoke definitely means some sort of fire in my book.

That being said, some of the reports regarding the state MJ was in before his death make it abundantly clear he was on his way out sooner, rather than later. A man of 5' 10" weighing under 120 pounds is probably in big trouble. He was never going to pull off one concert, let alone 50. Reports are that they had the show set up to include around 13 minutes of total (lip synched) performance from MJ and he couldn't pull that off. It was the end and he knew it. Personal feelings aside, that's pretty sad for an artist of his previous status and caliber.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2009, 12:09:37 PM »
No doubt that MJ crossed boundaries even under the most well-meaning interpretation of his acts and general behaviour towards minors. I just thought there was a bit of a witch hunt going on in the second criminal proceeding and the prosecutor had an axe to grind which a prosecutor shouldn't IMHO. All of the sudden, MJ was supposed to have done all kinds of vile things.

I don't think he was a cruel or even sexually aggressive person (I found his constant gripping-his-crotch always laughably asexual, he had none of that Rick James or Prince adult innuendo). But you don't sleep in bed with other people's 12 year old sons even if that is all that happened (which it probably wasn't).
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2009, 12:09:52 PM »
I don't understand why he was in such bad shape, but this AM I caught part of a story referring to the doctor doing CPR on him and who said he was 'frail".

Also, last Friday a major talk station in Denver interviewed the promoter who set up his last Denver shows.  The promoter keeps up with major tours and said that there had been something like 45 rehearsals for the tour, but MJ only showed up for two of them.  He said there was absolutely no way that MJ physically could do a 50-date tour...just not possible.

I wonder WHY he was in such depleted, frail physical condition? Doesn't make sense to me unless there was something even odder with his medical history than we've heard so far.

I don't think he was a cruel or even sexually aggressive person (I found his constant gripping-his-crotch always laughably asexual, he had none of that Rick James or Prince adult innuendo). But you don't sleep in bed with other people's 12 year old sons even if that is all that happened (which it probably wasn't).

Yeah, I'm with you there.  When his "Bad" song and album came out, I just shook my head at the idea of him being "Bad".  He sung like a 12-year old and was always skinny - he looked like anyone could knock him over with a good whack from a pillow. He had nothin' going in the sex/menace/ominous category.  That song always seems incredibly incongruous to me.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."