Author Topic: Are You Giggin'?  (Read 2916 times)

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
Are You Giggin'?
« on: June 13, 2008, 08:32:14 PM »
Hopin' to line up some Summer gigs with my trio Godbrothers.
My drummer Joe just got switched to the day shift.
So we're lookin' to schedule some evening & night gigs....

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
Re: Are You Giggin'?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 08:46:49 PM »
my new band is just about ready.gonna do a demo this month.now we just need a name.............
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

HornetAMX

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 08:59:41 PM »
We've had 3 weeks off but will have 3 straight Saturday gigs starting the 21st.  All private parties with good money.  Going to put that Acoustic stack through the paces.  I used it at the Cool River gig 2 weeks ago and it not only looked great on stage but sounded awesome.  Next month marks my 6th year with this band.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 01:09:38 AM »

Here it is 1:07am Saturday, just got back from a nice private party - wedding reception actually in downtown Seattle......I gotta work in the a.m.  :sad: 
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 06:55:22 AM »
Here it is 1:07am Saturday, just got back from a nice private party - wedding reception actually in downtown Seattle......I gotta work in the a.m.  :sad: 

The Nasty Habits played a wedding reception!?   ;D  Must of been one hell of wedding! ;) ;)

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 08:06:57 AM »
I'm doing gigs in a band that does old country, believe it or not.  Quite a change from indie pop.  The band has 3 generations of the family - singer is the mother (who does a mean Patsy Cline), her son is the drummer/singer (he's the one who I knew), and the grandson is doing rhythm/vocals.  We just got a steady lead player, and we're gigging at least once a month.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 07:50:37 PM »
my new band is just about ready.gonna do a demo this month.now we just need a name.............

How 'bout Sk8 Rats

angrymatt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 11:22:23 PM »
No, and I am quite testy about it.
angrymatt, the lurk
'13 NR Thunder "Blue" Bird | '09 BaCHBird | '07 Zebrabird | '06 Tobias Growler | '03 Spector Rebop 5 | '87 Heritage

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 12:26:22 AM »

"The Nasty Habits played a wedding reception!?     Must of been one hell of wedding!"

It was way fun, tiny stage with our amps cranked in a basement of old downtown.......kinda like the beatles, except of course we're drag queenies, I LOVE what we do  :gay:   
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

SKATE RAT

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 05:31:21 AM »
How 'bout Sk8 Rats
no good.since the rest of the guys are not members of the cult of the stunt wood.,choosing a name is always the hardest part of starting a new band.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

angrymatt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 02:38:19 PM »
no good.since the rest of the guys are not members of the cult of the stunt wood.,choosing a name is always the hardest part of starting a new band.

I'm jealous.  The hardest part I've always had was finding a drummer who owns drums.
angrymatt, the lurk
'13 NR Thunder "Blue" Bird | '09 BaCHBird | '07 Zebrabird | '06 Tobias Growler | '03 Spector Rebop 5 | '87 Heritage

SKATE RAT

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 04:55:51 PM »
drummers don't exist in NYC.the last 3 drummers i've played with are from Boston,Ct and Philly.my current drummer is from Germany!!and what is it about drummers that don't own drums? this is not rare.or the other end of the spectrum "drum nerds" you know those guys that polish their cymbals (spelling?)and have every add on thing they can find.drummers are a strange lot.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 10:09:10 PM »
Same here in Adelaide, I know some good drummers, all of whom are in (usually multiple) bands. Trying to find a decent drummer who is available to get a tight original 3 piece together with has proven incredibly hard.
Digresion our specialty!

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 03:19:30 AM »
I'm jealous.  The hardest part I've always had was finding a drummer who owns drums.

Haha My bud Joe plays MY drums in my trio GODBROTHERS.
It's a HUMONGOUS Double Bass kit & he's LUVVIN' it!
Solves the problem of him not havin' a kit.

Recording some of my songs now & we'll have 2 drummers a la Allman Brothers!!
I have 2 other little drumkits & a ton of cimbals & electronic drums tooo
Joe doesn't even have room for a small kit in his one BR apartment with his wife & kid. I offered him one of my small kits to rehearse on but NOooo
He doesn't have time or space to rehearse. Good thing he's so FOKKEN GOOD!!

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 11:24:39 PM »
"The Nasty Habits played a wedding reception!?     Must of been one hell of wedding!"

It was way fun, tiny stage with our amps cranked in a basement of old downtown.......kinda like the beatles, except of course we're drag queenies, I LOVE what we do  :gay:  

Had a shot of this show up in my email today.....had a great time  ;D just lookin' a bit serious tho.