Author Topic: Pearl Jam's Jeff Ament Mugged  (Read 1083 times)

Rocker949

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
Re: Pearl Jam's Jeff Ament Mugged
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 09:24:08 AM »
Bastards!  >:(

All I can say is that CHL ( concealed hadngun license ) and firearm of his choice would have most likely altered the outcome.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 05:13:02 PM »
How is the poor guy. Laying on the ground and the 2 guys that come out after the fact completely ignore him. The 2nd guy even looks over at him on the ground then walks away.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 06:18:19 PM by Freuds_Cat »
Digresion our specialty!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 05:58:34 PM »
I have a concealed carry permit, and I don't think it's real likely that it would have helped.  About all he could have done is stayed in the vehicle and waved it at them.  And what happens if they pull out the same?

these situations happen very quickly, and weapons aren't always the answer. The assailant might have also taken it away from him....
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Lightyear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 09:17:38 PM »
All things considered I still would have preferred to have the option.  You never know how you will react until you are in that unfortunate position.  I would assume that three thugs start bashing in glass on my vehicle, whille I am inside, that my life was in danger -  my armchair persective is that I would have shown them the firearm as I was pulling the trigger.  Like you say - these things happen fast and you just never know how you would, or could, react.  I think that flight is a very basic, and ingrained, animal instinct.

The problem in Texas is that most every building and business has a posted prohibition barring concealed hand guns.  So you either carry it and ignore the signs, risking arrest, or you leave it in the car - which tends to counter the reasoning behind carrying the damn thing in the first place.  If they have not changed their policy Luby's Cafeterias welcome concealed handguns in their restaurants - they are one of the few exceptions.

Car jackings are down quite a bit here since the CHL program started as there have several instances of carjackers choosing the wrong victim and word does get out.

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 02:36:53 AM »
Glad he's ok! Having a lacerated head is bad but not as bad as being dead.
7k in cash & assets? Must've had a bass or 2 in the SUV. That's a damn shame!!

Lightyear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 07:08:46 PM »
He could have easily been wearing a $7K watch.....

pamlicojack

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 09:30:40 AM »
If it had been Eddie Vedder, I'd have mugged him twice...