Author Topic: Which songs did Jack Bruce use a Danelectro on?  (Read 5002 times)

Rocker949

Which songs did Jack Bruce use a Danelectro on?
« on: April 26, 2009, 05:54:44 AM »
I'm just curious to know if anyone knows what songs Jack Bruce played on with the Danelectro Longhorn that he briefly used.  I have found one interview in which he says that he just used it on a few tracks.  Of course, this is contrary to the claims which I sometimes see which state that he used the Danelectro on all of "Disraeli Gears."  In the interview, Jack clearly states that he mostly used the EB-3.

http://www.vintageguitar.com/features/artists/details.asp?AID=2139
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 06:03:02 AM by Rocker949 »

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
Re: Which songs did Jack Bruce use a Danelectro on?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 06:40:36 AM »
I don't know, but that sure is a great interview & interesting story about his ol' EB3.
Wonder where it went when Bruce Gary sold it...

Rocker949

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 08:20:40 AM »
I don't know.  I used to have some great pictures of that EB-3.  It was pretty beat up, but what a legendary bass. 

bobyoung

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 11:11:40 PM »
I have a picture of the EB-3 when it was owned by Bruce Gary, it is from Guitar World, not sure of the year I bought the picture on ebay.

Blazer

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 03:30:06 AM »
From what I read in interviews Jack Bruce used a Dano on a couple of tracks tracks from "Disreally gears" and "wheels of fire" most notably "White room" and you can tell because the bass sound on that one sounds much clearer than on "Fresh Cream"  which he used his Fender bass VI on and not as muzzy as the bumblebee buzz sound he got from his Gibson EB3.

Jack Bruce had stated that he bought the Dano because of the refinishing of his Fender at the hands of "The Fool" left it unplayable and he needed a replacement instrument. The Dano was affordable and had a good sound.

The Gibsons came into view when Jack Bruce had decided that he needed sturdier basses for on the road than his Dano's. But he continued to use his Dano's in the studio.

http://twtd.bluemountains.net.au/cream/instruments.htm

http://twtd.bluemountains.net.au/cream/basses.htm
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 03:43:08 AM by Blazer »

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 05:33:29 AM »
Thank you, Blazer. It's DISRAELI Gears. You should get it. :D

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 06:48:10 AM »
Oooh goody, another thread that I can shamelessly spruke the talents of one of my favourite bassists in Neil Merryweather. Who was also a Longhorn player.  ;D

Digresion our specialty!