Author Topic: Please identify this bass  (Read 4245 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Please identify this bass
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2013, 01:50:05 PM »
Onnea...! ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pekka

• View Profile
    • Riverdog Samson
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 06:52:19 PM »
Onnea...! ;)

Kiitos! It went quite well, not note perfect but the atmosphere was perfect! This was one of the best we did:

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2013, 12:32:43 AM »
Excellent... what type of lineup did you have...? you operate in 3 or 4 piece units don't you...?

If you had to chose a good introduction to his work where would you start...? Not the best as everything after that would be a lower point... most of what I've heard so far makes me want to hear more anyway, but...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pekka

• View Profile
    • Riverdog Samson
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2013, 03:01:32 AM »
Excellent... what type of lineup did you have...? you operate in 3 or 4 piece units don't you...?

We had a five piece band tailored specially for this occasion. All fans of Pohjola which helps with a learning process and eliminates the annoying use of sheet music on stage.  ;D

The line-up was drums, bass, keyboards and two guitarists of which the other played also keyboards. I played keys too in the intro of "Risto".

If you had to chose a good introduction to his work where would you start...? Not the best as everything after that would be a lower point... most of what I've heard so far makes me want to hear more anyway, but...

Hmmm, maybe "Visitation" (1979) or "Urban Tango" (1982). There's also a compilation called "The New Impressionist" but it's deleted and maybe hard to find.

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2013, 01:11:12 PM »
The handy thing about the net is that they tend to turn up as "videos" or MP3's somewhere and I'm not an audiophile... cheers for the info...

Pekka

• View Profile
    • Riverdog Samson
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2013, 12:57:56 AM »
Here's two clips from the tribute gig:

Pekka

• View Profile
    • Riverdog Samson
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2013, 11:22:10 PM »
Here's another from a better angle. The tune is called "Kädet suoristavat veden" which means "Hands straighten the water".  :)

Pekka

• View Profile
    • Riverdog Samson
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2013, 04:21:47 AM »

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2013, 02:35:48 PM »
Finally had the chance to listen to them and all I can say is excellent...

A fine tribute... and all five of you gel perfectly...

As stated, the more I hear of his work, the more I want to listen to, so your work here is done... ;)

The last number, towards the end, did I get a hint of "Max" or is it the other way round...?