Author Topic: Herbie Flowers, Walk On The Wild Side  (Read 3573 times)

westen44

• View Profile
Re: Herbie Flowers, Walk On The Wild Side
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 02:32:28 PM »
Herbie was also playing on some of the tracks on George Harrison's "Somewhere in England" and "Gone Troppo" albums from the early 80s. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 05:11:25 PM »
I really liked Gone Troppo, it fell through big time with critics (like all of George's albums following All Things Must Pass), but it grew quickly on me.

Of course I only bought it at the time because Jon Lord (a neighbour of George in Henley-on-Thames) pushed some synths on a solitary track!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2016, 06:44:06 PM »
I really liked Gone Troppo, it fell through big time with critics (like all of George's albums following All Things Must Pass), but it grew quickly on me.

Of course I only bought it at the time because Jon Lord (a neighbour of George in Henley-on-Thames) pushed some synths on a solitary track!

There is nothing wrong with buying an album just because someone you like is on a track.  I've done it before.  In a sense, that song that Jon Lord played on (Circles) was like George Harrison's last Beatles song to be recorded.  He wrote it at the time of the White Album.  Simon Leng said something to the effect that listening to the song was like being transported to another time.  It was, after all, a 60s song being recorded in the 80s.  Leng also mentions that Harrison and Lord were close friends.  In addition, this article published earlier this year about Harrison and Deep Purple makes note of the friendship between Lord and Harrison.  (The video was posted some time ago on another thread, but not the article.)

http://www.guitarworld.com/artists-artist-videos-viral-videos/george-harrison-jams-ritchie-blackmore-and-deep-purple-1984/28752

It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal