Author Topic: CURRENT CATALDO  (Read 135753 times)

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
Re: CURRENT CATALDO
« Reply #255 on: December 09, 2014, 05:55:24 AM »
About 10 years ago a buddy of mine sold his ticket from SRV's last show for over $400 on Ebay.   It was signed by Stevie and Jeff Beck.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 09, 2014, 04:42:57 PM »
I met him and spoke for some time with the three of them at a Reading show... my prog is personalised by each of them and that's one item I don't intend to part with...
I did sell a signed Zep "ticket" for near that figure, but £'s, not $'s - as it was circa a year after Bonzo had gone and I had all three of them, and Grant, and a certain Cozy Powell... everyone thought they were going to announce a new drummer and it became a Zep legend... I've kept a high quality scan of it but the only time I printed it off I gave it to Scott as a thanks for some stuff he sent over...
Jackie junked hundreds of country sigs she had... she did see Cash but can't remember if she had his... not her thing, now...

Ken, you ought to be able to profit handsomely from your photo collection.
I paid 10p (15c) a slide... the 10x8's were that price too... I hope for a reasonable return too, Dave... :mrgreen: ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 09, 2014, 05:56:49 PM »
Wow Kenny, sounds like a nice collection of stuff.  I'm envious, I never had much luck getting pictures of rock stars, etc.  Although I did snap a picture or two close up of Jane Fonda and Donald Sutherland at the very first Earth Day at Valley Forge, PA.  Do you think I could find those pics???  Naw.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 11, 2014, 01:01:43 AM »
One of our regulars here, Billy, he's done some significant snapping iirc...

I was lucky having a couple of good venues nearby and a pro selling her "junk" - I don't think I have anything "major" of my own, mind you...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #259 on: December 11, 2014, 07:14:55 AM »
I have a collection of signed Dick Dale stuff in a shadow box.  Aside from that, nothin'.

But a friend who lives about 10 miles away used to be the Shure mic rep at the Fillmore West during the 60's.  He has a box full of handbills and posters he collected from the Fillmore - Doors, Grateful Dead, Quicksilver Messenger Service, and many others form the 60's and early 70's.  I think if he converted those to cash he'd be more secure in retirement.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #260 on: December 11, 2014, 07:37:52 AM »
Historic  photos?   My ex bandmate, Marty Jourard of The Motels, has a FB page to do with the Gainesville, Florida music scene in the 60s and 70s.  Many photos of that era have materialized, including this one recently.  1969, me on bass, 22, and my brother Tommy on guitar, 19, in RGF (Real Good F%^k).  Not worth much on the market but valuable to me.  Soon after I got thrown out, Tommy and I were always arguing and it wasn't fun to be around if you were a bandmate.  Ron Blair was my replacement, his first gig as a bass player.  He played guitar until then, the singer and I had quit his band six months previously to join RGF.  I don't remember the bass I'm playing at all.

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 13, 2014, 03:02:20 PM »
Memories are what it's all about, Carlo... ;)

Is it a Gretch...

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #262 on: December 13, 2014, 04:23:18 PM »
Do I hear FOUR?

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 14, 2014, 07:44:10 AM »
Come on Carlo, there's room for a few J pups in there too, just for balance... :mrgreen:

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #264 on: December 14, 2014, 10:02:52 AM »
Kenny, the bridge pup is actually a hot J in a ThunderBucker cover, will balance the 2 'buckers nicely.  But, yeah there's always room for one more...especially in Photoshop!

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 14, 2014, 03:08:34 PM »
 ;)

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 15, 2014, 08:11:24 AM »
Cool 8 string Carlo. Anything special about the neck to accommodate the extra string tension?
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #267 on: December 15, 2014, 09:27:34 AM »
Cool 8 string Carlo. Anything special about the neck to accommodate the extra string tension?

Thanks, Ari.  It's a  modified Warmoth 8 string  neck, had a huge headstock and a really fat profile.   Single trussrod but overbuilt like all their necks.  I thinned it out quite a bit, no problem with it staying dead flat under tension.

I used a Warmoth fiver neck  for my 12er.  Again, single trussrod but no problem with string tension.  Both necks have 2 steel reinforcing rods but only the Eighter has the fancy strips.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #268 on: December 19, 2014, 12:26:56 PM »
That time of the year!

BTL

• View Profile
    • Lowe Custom Guitars
« Reply #269 on: December 19, 2014, 12:59:34 PM »