Author Topic: NBD Cherry Bach TH-1  (Read 1883 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
NBD Cherry Bach TH-1
« on: April 05, 2014, 08:46:26 AM »
   Well buying Carlo's Honeyburst Bach TH-1 got me to missing my Cherry TH-1. It just so happens Rob has a used Cherry TH-1 available so that will be winging it's way to my crowded Thunderbird nest :) This bass will get the typical G.O.T. treatment. I'm on a roll  ;)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 08:54:51 AM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: NBD Cherry Bach TH-1
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 09:44:18 AM »
Sometimes it seems like there's a pass-along circle in here.....
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 10:58:01 AM »
Sometimes it seems like there's a pass-along circle in here.....

No doubt.  I may be wrong, but I think part of why Carlo sold the honeyburst was because he liked the white one I sold him better.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

saltymonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 01:31:06 PM »
Congrats Scott. I'm on a roll too. Just bought a second Ric. I need to slow my roll now. But if someone here wanted to part with a Series 2 TH-1 in white or Sonic Blue I'd jump through several hoops to get it. Will this one get a Dimarzio or something else?

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 03:20:08 PM »
Congrats Scott. I'm on a roll too. Just bought a second Ric. I need to slow my roll now. But if someone here wanted to part with a Series 2 TH-1 in white or Sonic Blue I'd jump through several hoops to get it. Will this one get a Dimarzio or something else?

Rob still has a Sonic Blue for sale.

saltymonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 03:57:05 PM »
Basvarken Rob? I thought it was a Series 3 refined in Pelham Blue. I know I'm of the minority here but I'm really not a fan of Pelham Blue.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 04:03:35 PM »
Nothing that can't be cured with some nitromors and a rattlecan, if you're so inclined... :vader:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 04:05:00 PM »
Basvarken Rob? I thought it was a Series 3 refined in Pelham Blue. I know I'm of the minority here but I'm really not a fan of Pelham Blue.

You're right.  I stand corrected, but the one he has does have the belly cut at the back of the body.

saltymonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 04:23:14 PM »
Nothing that can't be cured with some nitromors and a rattlecan, if you're so inclined... :vader:

True but not something I personally want to tackle. Would really love to find a white Series 2 rather than one I'd want to refinish. Would probably unload my Gibby NR RI (Yes it's Pelham Blue. Even less a fan of two tone burst) for one of those.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 01:04:16 AM »
I'm sure Carlo would assist in that re-working, or your local luthier, especially if the RI is not giving you the love ...
Most round here know I'm not afraid of altering to suit, as long as the basic tools fit the bill ...
Scott's often gone the extra mile when it comes to reworking too, but then again, he's got the workshop to go with ... ;)
Mind you ...

Scott ... you don't do your own spray-work, do you ... ?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2014, 05:44:37 AM »
I would imagine that reworking the body on an Series III to be closer to a Series II wouldn't be so difficult but the neck is different too: thicker and maybe even a hair wider. I thought about having it done to my Series III  but decided against it.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 06:11:11 AM »
I would imagine that reworking the body on an Series III to be closer to a Series II wouldn't be so difficult but the neck is different too: thicker and maybe even a hair wider.

I'm not so sure about that Denis. The only one that I think is really thicker and wider is the Dark Honeyburst BaCHbird with the volute.

saltymonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 06:22:19 AM »
I'm not so sure about that Denis. The only one that I think is really thicker and wider is the Dark Honeyburst BaCHbird with the volute.

That's the one I had, sold to Carlo, that Scott now owns.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2014, 08:15:13 AM »
How could I resist?
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2014, 11:14:23 AM »

Looks great, some basses are just meant to be classics, that's sure one!
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...