Author Topic: Classic ROCK  (Read 916 times)

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
Classic ROCK
« on: February 23, 2014, 05:05:01 PM »
No need for words..........this blew me away.

I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Classic ROCK
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 10:44:57 PM »
I've seen that posted a bunch of times over the last two days on Facebook but I never clicked on it, just figuring it was a cheesy, mellow version. I'm really glad you posted that because it rocked and the video was really funny!

66Atlas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 07:18:18 AM »
2 Cellos does some really fun stuff.  There's a killer cello player in the Atlanta area called Takenobu that has appeared on a couple of my bands tracks. He does some really cool/unexpected hip-hop covers during his live shows...trouble is every time I hear him play I feel completely inadequate as an upright player!  :mrgreen:

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 08:43:48 AM »
Dang, dem gize rock!

Extreme technique - looks like they have to carry extra bows, as I'm sure they have to have them re-haired after every performance.

Thanks for posting them - those were really fun!

BTW - did anyone else notice a logical impossibility (aside from the loops and the mysterious appearance of drums from nowhere)?   ..............

Here it is:  no Guitar Center would have two $2300 electric upright basses in stock, much less have them both sitting out on the floor.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 03:29:14 PM »
I am in awe of classical musicians who can step out their box and do so in such an entertaining manner.  They are so talented!

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 09:29:23 AM »
They sometimes use a live drummer, and if you watch some of their other vids (live performances) they have loopers and other fx on the floor in front of them.  Thunderstruck definately has more then 2 cellos going after about the midpoint (still awesome, not a negative to me - it's not cheating or anything, just saying).
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 11:54:15 AM »
They sometimes use a live drummer, and if you watch some of their other vids (live performances) they have loopers and other fx on the floor in front of them.  Thunderstruck definately has more then 2 cellos going after about the midpoint (still awesome, not a negative to me - it's not cheating or anything, just saying).

I agree.  What group doesn't use loops, pedals and overdubs these days?  At least they are actually playing their cellos.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 02:31:28 PM »
I agree.  What group doesn't use loops, pedals and overdubs these days?  At least they are actually playing their cellos.

No problem, just noting that there is a lot of complex stuff going on there.  Those guys are the real deal!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 05:54:10 PM »
no Guitar Center would have two $2300 electric upright basses in stock, much less have them both sitting out on the floor.

...or a population of confused-looking models who thought they were in a Mentos commercial. And where was that jackass who always grabs some kind of Les Paul and firewalls whatever poor amp is closest and proceeds to play either "Stairway," "Smells Like Teen Spirit," or "Enter Sandman" just wrong enough to demonstrate that you are sharing his "practice" time?