Author Topic: Back!  (Read 4085 times)

bassvirtuoso

• My God, it's full of chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Back!
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 01:15:59 PM »
Did someone mention Doug Fyghter? That guy owes me money!

Feel better Chris!
-Dave

German-American Chrome Fan Club Member #666

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 07:48:21 PM »
Chris, whats happening with the the LaLaLies at the moment? Did I miss the release of a full album?
Hope your apppendage feels better soon.

Welcome back btw.

hey maybe you could just use acronyms to communicate with us to save yourself all that supurfluous typing? You know how much it annoys Dave  ;)
Digresion our specialty!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 08:35:49 PM »
hey maybe you could just use acronyms to communicate with us to save yourself all that supurfluous typing? You know how much it annoys Dave  ;)

I don't GARA about acronyms.  ;)

Bart!

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2010, 03:56:29 AM »
Good to see you`re back, sorry to hear about the reason of your absence.

(GTSYRB,STHATROYA)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2010, 04:16:44 AM »
Oi...! You ain't bin changin' 'ands at ninety-nine...!  :o

(not sorry... just plain ol' Anglo-Saxon humour... been living in the south too long  ;))

My wife had to have an op to overcome RSI after cortisone injections failed to make any difference...

Good luck with that one, me ol' Dutch...
(not true CRS, a modern derivative - "Dutch plate" = mate; but possibly wholly appropriate in the "true" CRS terminology for Chris communicating with Veronica - my old Duchess, 'er in doors, me ol' Dutch (wife) ;))

I don't GARA about acronyms.  ;)

I'm sorry, Dave, but I really don't get what the Glasgow Anti-Racist Alliance has to do with this thread...  ;D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 04:22:47 AM by Kenny Five-O »
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 01:14:39 AM »
;D

Ow, I missed this ;D

As you maybe know Boilersuit released a new EP. I already posted about that. Then the La La Lies. Still going strong. An update:

Last october The LLL were asked to play live at Dutch national television. Live, prime time, 1,5 million viewers (which is a terrible lot in such a small country). Of course that was great. After that we got in touch with some venues, labels and bookers. The problem was that it all came a bit too fast, cos at that moment we had like three original songs and a bunch of covers.

At the beginning of this year we signed to Friendly Fire. That's a big Dutch booking agency which handles a lot of big Dutch bands. We hope they help us with gigs, but also with other things. We are also still talking to three big labels, but we just aren't ready yet.

The next couple of months we keep on playing throughout the Netherlands. In the mean time we are very busy with writing new songs, working on all aspects of the band. After next summer we will record a record and we are planning to have it out at the end of this year or the very early beginning of 2011. I keep y'all posted!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 04:50:57 PM »
Being under pressure is one of the great ways to work (for me, anyway)...

I used to churn out lyrics (not junk) at a greater rate than I write here, and then some, but only when I was "working..."

Good luck with that one...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010, 12:16:07 AM »
Yep, wanting to have like 12 - 14 really good songs ready after summer make us work more focussed.

Chaser001

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2010, 06:01:16 AM »
Since there is a good chance I'll be in the Netherlands in a few months, I'll try to check out a Boilersuit or LLL gig sometime if at all possible.  I think that would be fun. 

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2010, 10:51:19 AM »
Hey! Tell me when you are visiting us! If I'm not playing, maybe Basvarken is. Or one of the other Dutchies here!

Chaser001

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2010, 02:23:42 PM »
Thanks, I am sure I would also be interested in Basvarken's music since blues rock is one of my favorite genres.  I would already be booking my flight, but I have an unexpected and time consuming thing I have to have done to my teeth.