Author Topic: New Don Henley  (Read 3148 times)

westen44

• View Profile
Re: New Don Henley
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2015, 11:44:41 AM »
^
I would add "The Thing That Should Not Be" to that list of classics. 

I used to have an article somewhere which was the best I'd ever seen describing Cliff Burton's contributions.  But I've never been able to find it.  That has been lost for years.  I've read several articles on him which were good, but none went into the specifics of exactly what he did like that one. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 12:08:42 PM by westen44 »
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2015, 12:56:09 PM »
I don't find Wagner so dreary. My music theory final had to based on Prelude und Liebestod from Tristan und Isolde. I find the music to be the pinnacle of the romantic period (well maybe only after Beethoven) and this is coming from a yid. I'd love to see Beyreuth someday even. Cliff was the man but Jason did some nice work like on Garage days revisited and if that bass forward remix of "and justice for Jason" is to be believed, he was playing some solid lines buried in there. As for Don, he wrote some good stuff and I'm sure he'll be more than capable of continuing his pop song writing craft. Dirty Laundry is a favorite tune of my info warrior friend who references it on face book when talking about corrupt politicians.
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2015, 01:14:42 PM »