Main Forums > The Outpost Cafe

What Bro Country Sounds Like to People Who Don't Like It

(1/5) > >>

westen44:

uwe:
I'm not qualified to comment on this.

westen44:

--- Quote from: uwe on April 15, 2024, 04:48:26 PM ---I'm not qualified to comment on this.

--- End quote ---

To be honest, I'm not really, either.  But it's referring to the horrifying "country" music which came out around fifteen years ago or so.  To people like Dave who are true country experts, it's abominable.  But it is to other people, too, including myself.  I will go so far as to say I actually hate it.  Bro-country as a genre is boring, formulaic, stupid and dominated by male singers, some with atrocious fake Southern accents. 

uwe:
Their accent is mostly fine, a bit on the North German side. What can you do when you're from Hamburg.

Actually it was based on their hit that Dave Dudley became a household name in Germany, he then toured with them.

westen44:
Thankfully, it can be said that neither that Hamburg band nor Dave Dudley had anything to do with bro-country. 

To clarify this bro-country situation, someone could post some examples of it.  But I don't want to do that and I doubt if anyone else does, either.  Goodness knows I wouldn't want to listen to any of it on purpose.  Besides that, that parody video is probably good enough to illustrate what it is anyway.  This topic has been discussed on the forum before, but I don't remember the context at all. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version