Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

My 98 LP bass "custom"

<< < (2/6) > >>

TBird1958:

That's really beautiful! Very nice work  :thumbsup:

Freuds_Cat:
I feel like goo-ing and gah-ing like a housewife looking at a friends new baby......is that normal?

Beautiful man!

doombass:
That one turned out real nice! I like the pickguard shape. Kind of a Gibson S-1 vibe to it. Also good to know about the Fralins being that great sounding. Anyone know if the magnets are bar type or pole pieces like the Rio Grande Pitbulls?

drbassman:

--- Quote from: doombass on September 29, 2008, 10:32:45 PM ---That one turned out real nice! I like the pickguard shape. Kind of a Gibson S-1 vibe to it. Also good to know about the Fralins being that great sounding. Anyone know if the magnets are bar type or pole pieces like the Rio Grande Pitbulls?

--- End quote ---

Good question doom, I'm not sure about the internal on the Fralin Bassbuckers.  I'll bet he'd answer an email if you asked him.  I hear he's a pretty good guy.  Roy from RS Guitars might know also since he's the one who sells them.

I've used Pitbulls before too and they are nice pups for the money.  I never had a problem with their pole spacing and I used them on Fender and Gibson style spacing.

Chris P.:
Very, very nice! I'm still proud I contributed a little bit by suggesting the pickguard. But I would have never thought it would be this beautiful. Great!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version