Gear Discussion Forums > Bass Amps & Effects

Let's see your rig!

<< < (120/127) > >>

morrow:
That's a serious little rig !  EA cabs are legend . The guy that designed the Shuttle amps still services them . I just sent him a Streamliner to check out . Flat rate of $85 + shipping and a 48 hour turnaround . Unless someone who was not qualified has been in your amp ...
Then it might be more for him to fix up previous work .

Pilgrim:
I see similarities in our preferences.  I have a G-B Shuttle 6.2 and normally play it through a single Shuttle T12. I also have a Shuttle T2x10, and although it sounds great to use both together, for most of my gigs (thinking back to last year when I was actually playing gigs) using both cabs was like killing a fly with an elephant gun. I just didn't need the second cab.

In a fit of ambition, a year ago I picked up a G-B NEOX 2x12, which sounds fantastic. I am grateful that it comes with handles and rollers, which makes it a lot easier to move around at 55 lbs., but it's still no lightweight. It's also overkill for my typical gigs, so it will probably stay in the basement until someone wants me to play a large venue or louder outdoor show.

Here's the Shuttle 6.2 on the NEOX...and yes, the rat fur on the side has been torn up a bit, but that saved me a lot of $$ when I bought the cabinet...

slinkp:
I heard great things about those GB cabs but have never seen or heard one in person!

gearHed289:
Here's my Frankencombo. It began life as an Acoustic B200. The amp eventually went up in smoke, so I pulled the chassis, bought a used GB 900 and slid it in between two pieces of 1/2'' etha foam. Perfect fit! And it's easy to remove if I want. I had an old Pelican case at work that is a perfect fit for the head. It's a cool little amp, but very lacking in high end. I swapped out the stock speaker for an EVM 15L, and I still have to dime the treble, even with a Tech 21 VT Bass DI in front of it. I need to experiment with different tubes some day. The previous owner put these in there:

V1 = NOS Jan Phillips 5751
V2 = JJ ECC83
V3 = Tungsol 12AX7

morrow:
There's an epic thread on Talkbass about tube rolling Liners .
https://www.talkbass.com/threads/genz-benz-streamliner-tube-rolling.796088/#post-11294670
Never noticed any lack of treble but I usually aim for an old school thump .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version