Author Topic: Gibson Gives “Rig for Relief”  (Read 636 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Gibson Gives “Rig for Relief”
« on: April 24, 2020, 09:19:20 PM »
with Mark Agnesi

For every $10 donation to help musicians in need, you get a chance to win one of 8 items in Mark Agnesi’s Music Rig.  Drawing is April 30 so not much time.

Sounds like a worthy cause. OTOH putting a $2K leather jacket in there is a bit over the top.

doombass

• View Profile
Re: Gibson Gives “Rig for Relief”
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 04:08:38 AM »
Gibson has partnered with Marshall Amplification, Universal Audio, Fulltone, SoloDallas, R2R, Christian Benner, and Dunlop & MXR Pedals, to create an eight-piece, high-value music rig (“Mark’s Music Rig”)

I'm not slamming this because helping people in need is always a good thing. I just reacted the the fact that they chose to name it "Mark's Music Rig" when that obviously are stuff donated by several companies, not Mark personally. Maybe they do what they can to regain his reputation. 

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 12:02:44 PM »
May have missed it but not a Gibson bass or guitar included...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 08:38:05 PM »
I'm not slamming this because helping people in need is always a good thing. I just reacted the the fact that they chose to name it "Mark's Music Rig" when that obviously are stuff donated by several companies, not Mark personally. Maybe they do what they can to regain his reputation.

That crossed my mind too.

May have missed it but not a Gibson bass or guitar included...?

They were going to, but Agnesi scowled at it and scared it away.