Author Topic: I just downloaded ...  (Read 5766 times)

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
Re: I just downloaded ...
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2016, 07:29:01 AM »
Foghat's live album and their cover of I Just Wanna Make Love to You were pretty big hits when I was in 8th grade, then I saw them early freshman year (because they were on the bill with Rush). I like their stuff. They were no Pat Travers Band, but it was some good boogie rock!  ;)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2016, 07:52:11 AM »
Pilgrim, your taste in movies is just amazing, "Big Trouble in Little China" is one of my favourites! :D

I do have a taste for fun "B" movies. If you're going to be a B movie, be wholehearted about it. Army of Darkness comes to mind.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2016, 08:39:28 AM »
I used to think the Gong track 'Fohat Digs Holes in Space' was called 'Foghat Digs Holes in Space'. Beyond that I have nothing.

My girlfriend is a fan of Taylor Swift. I quite like the composition but I find the albums are a bit brickwall'd for my tastes. I find music like that triggers a bit of a fight-or-flight response. An acoustic guitar shouldn't be that punchy.

I know what you mean - it gets tiresome quickly. Madonna albums sound that way too. Of course it's produced for maximum effect with in-ear-plugs from an iPod or even iPhone as an mp3. Most Taylor Swift fans probably know home stereos only from their parents (and those are probably in the process of giving them up!).

It's beyond me. I never dug the immediate sound of headphones, I have a pair of expensive ones which I never ever use. I like to hear lots of "room" (i.e. not just room within the music, but the particular physical space I hear the music in) with my music.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2016, 08:41:13 AM »
Now that you mention it, my girlfriend listens to her Taylor Swift tunes on her Iphone's built in speaker, and the sound carries surprisingly robustly through our apartment.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2016, 10:46:50 AM »
Now that we're back to Taylor Swift, I heard two talking heads this morning saying it's rumored that her latest boyfriend is part of a hoax, that he's really a character in a movie she's making.  I started to ask myself how celebrity obsessed has our society become that people would even care. Then I remembered the Kuntrashian clan. Nope, there are worse people to obsess over than Taylor Swift.

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2016, 12:36:27 PM »
The kids got me some decent headphones for Christmas, and I actually like them.

The bass sounds big and fat on the "Let it Be" album.

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2016, 06:45:12 PM »
The kids got me some decent headphones for Christmas, and I actually like them.

The bass sounds big and fat on the "Let it Be" album.
What are they?

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2016, 11:45:55 AM »
Isn't she an item now with Thor's brother/Hank Williams?

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...