Author Topic: New Doublecut Junior Tribute Bass update  (Read 26214 times)

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
Re: New Doublecut Junior Tribute Bass update
« Reply #300 on: April 06, 2020, 06:33:46 AM »
I had totally forgotten about the 2011 DC bass. I ended up buying the LP Standard OS bass that same year. Two Les Paul Basses in the same year! And they both came in a HSC. (I hate gig bags)
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 07, 2020, 01:40:51 AM »
I had totally forgotten about the 2011 DC bass. I ended up buying the LP Standard OS bass that same year. Two Les Paul Basses in the same year! And they both came in a HSC. (I hate gig bags)

Both the 2011 bass in Pelham blue and the new one in blue stain look really good.  I think at this point the 2011 bass would be considered somewhat rare.  I wish I had bought one.  I certainly gave it some thought.  That's why in 2020 I wasn't about to make the same mistake twice.  The main reason I didn't get blue stain is because I wasn't going to pay a hundred more just because I liked the color.  I liked all the colors, though, anyway. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 07, 2020, 03:47:02 PM »
The 2011 DC bass didn't have the unbroken curve of the original. The new one has the correct body shape.

BTL

• View Profile
    • Lowe Custom Guitars
« Reply #303 on: April 07, 2020, 07:55:08 PM »
The 2011 DC bass didn't have the unbroken curve of the original. The new one has the correct body shape.

It might have been better to call the 2011 model the "LP Junior Signature" bass, but maybe that was problematic.

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 09, 2020, 11:22:40 AM »

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 09, 2020, 02:17:31 PM »
You'd also have to really want the LP Junior Tribute DC bass to pay some of the prices on EBAY.  I don't know what's going on with that.  I rarely keep up with EBAY. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 09, 2020, 10:14:09 PM »
You'd also have to really want the LP Junior Tribute DC bass to pay some of the prices on EBAY.  I don't know what's going on with that.  I rarely keep up with EBAY.

All of those listings are from Japanese sellers. Most or all of them don't actually own the basses and don't have them in their possession. If you buy one, the eBay seller will buy it at a retailer for somewhat less and ship it to you.

No one in most of the world will buy one at those prices, but these sellers have also been doing it with used gear for several years now, and occasionally a decent deal pops up. A couple of years ago, Ilan bought a used bass from a  Japanese seller that was listed by several other sellers. Even after Ilan received it, at least one other seller continued to list it.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 10, 2020, 03:33:40 AM »
I wasn't sure, but I thought it might be something like that. 

--Blaise Pascal

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 19, 2020, 07:46:11 AM »
GC was down to just faded cherry, now I see that they have all four colors back in stock again. Full price though.....

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 19, 2020, 09:22:59 AM »
I just checked.  They're also all back at AMS at full price.  That just happened.  Because I was just looking at some other stuff not long ago and the LP Junior DC basses hadn't returned at that time. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 01:32:40 PM by westen44 »

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 19, 2020, 08:08:39 PM »
CME on Reverb still has its special run (white, w/chrome cover pickup) at $749. Three in stock.

I see that a Reverb store called Manchester Music Mill has a couple in stock at full price but you get a free Gibson hoodie. What a deal!  :mrgreen:

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 20, 2020, 06:19:48 AM »
CME on Reverb still has its special run (white, w/chrome cover pickup) at $749. Three in stock.

I see that a Reverb store called Manchester Music Mill has a couple in stock at full price but you get a free Gibson hoodie. What a deal!  :mrgreen:
What pickups does that hoodie have?

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 20, 2020, 09:30:21 PM »
What pickups does that hoodie have?

None, but you do get an autographed picture. JC Curleigh or Henry J, your choice!  :mrgreen: