Author Topic: New Doublecut Junior Tribute Bass update  (Read 26223 times)

westen44

• View Profile
Re: New Doublecut Junior Tribute Bass update
« Reply #240 on: February 24, 2020, 10:22:05 PM »
AMS where I got mine only has the ebony for $549, but blue for $649.  Their shipping was faster than I was used to. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 25, 2020, 06:50:41 PM »
The Gator case fit great! It could use a little more padding under the end of the body, but that is minor & easily remedied. The cheaper black version is on backorder. It’s made in China so that could be a while. After a 15% price match, it was $101.99 before tax.

There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 25, 2020, 07:36:10 PM »
Well, according to the rep from ZZ Sounds who responded to my exchange inquiry, "the item is currently discontinued" and I was offered a choice between a refund, and providing pictures of the damage to possibly get a credit and keep the bass "as-is". Refund it is, then... :rolleyes:

On second thought, I looked at zZounds website (they share inventory with American Musical) and they still have a blue one at $649. Even though that's $100 more than what you paid, IMHO they should have at least offered to replace yours with that one at no additional cost.

ajkula66

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 25, 2020, 07:52:40 PM »
On second thought, I looked at zZounds website (they share inventory with American Musical) and they still have a blue one at $649. Even though that's $100 more than what you paid, IMHO they should have at least offered to replace yours with that one at no additional cost.

I concur and would've accepted that scenario, but no such attempt was made. They have emailed me the return label, though, so I'll be returning the bass sometime later this week.
"...knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules..." (King Crimson)

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 26, 2020, 01:09:30 AM »
The Gator case fit great! It could use a little more padding under the end of the body, but that is minor & easily remedied. The cheaper black version is on backorder. It’s made in China so that could be a while. After a 15% price match, it was $101.99 before tax.

What kind of Gator case is that?  I'd like to get one. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 26, 2020, 07:16:53 AM »
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 07:26:29 AM by Grog »

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 26, 2020, 08:46:46 AM »
Thanks!!

--Blaise Pascal

ziggyzipgun

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 29, 2020, 08:42:51 PM »
I peeked under the pickguard on my new DC today.  The pickup is marked "Rhy EB Bass / 860-31686-L / 5/17/19"...and it's installed upside-down, since the magnets are flush with the bobbins on the underside, while the other ends are nicely beveled and are meant to be exposed.  Anyone know if it's possible to buy the pickup covers for the exposed pole pieces?  Also, there's a lot less to the "tuned coil tap" than I expected - just one very small cap grounded to the back of the volume pot.

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 01, 2020, 12:21:43 AM »
Not sure how it is in the US, but until last October or so my company was able to order EB pickups from the scandinavian Gibson distributor. Not covers though. Last time I ordered one they said it was the last pickup they had, and they could not order more of them.

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 02, 2020, 11:10:12 AM »
I just bought the Gator case...thanks to whoever figured out this one will fit.

Pat

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 02, 2020, 11:34:56 AM »
I just bought the Gator case...thanks to whoever figured out this one will fit.

Pat

I also just ordered one.  But you can send your thanks to Grog. 

--Blaise Pascal

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 02, 2020, 09:10:18 PM »
The GC salesman is full of it. Everything comes out of the same warehouse. GC stores may have some left in stock though.

I ordered a LP DC Jr in blue stain from the Guitar Center website. Musicians Friend has nothing left, but GC seems to still have them. UPS tracking says it is leaving Englewood Colorado. It must have been store inventory at a store in that town. The stock is dwindling fast at these prices....... I tried buying one at CME first, they actually post a photo of the guitar for sale whereas GC & MF use a stock photo. It had just sold.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 03, 2020, 12:13:46 AM »
I ordered a LP DC Jr in blue stain from the Guitar Center website. Musicians Friend has nothing left, but GC seems to still have them. UPS tracking says it is leaving Englewood Colorado. It must have been store inventory at a store in that town. The stock is dwindling fast at these prices....... I tried buying one at CME first, they actually post a photo of the guitar for sale whereas GC & MF use a stock photo. It had just sold.

Now that makes sense. One store must have wound up with too much inventory. MF wouldn't have access to those.

slinkp

• View Profile
    • slinkp home page
« Reply #253 on: March 03, 2020, 09:40:17 AM »
Welp ... I did it.  CME allowed me to buy a blue one for $599 US, came to about $650 *with* tax, with free (no interest) 12 month installment plan ... I just could not resist!
Waiting for confirmation of shipping ... I am a little concerned since Grog just reported being unable to buy one from CME.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 02:41:31 PM by slinkp »
Basses: Gibson lpb-1, Gibson dc jr tribute, Greco thunderbird, Danelectro dc, Ibanez blazer.  Amps: genz benz shuttle 6.0, EA CXL110, EA CXL112, Spark 40.  Guitars: Danelectro 59XT, rebuilt cheap LP copy

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 03, 2020, 10:41:03 AM »
I bought a bass a few weeks ago. I tried buying a six string Jr at CME but ended up getting it at GC online.