Author Topic: autographs  (Read 8465 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: autographs
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2013, 02:37:56 PM »
Best picture caption EVER^^!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2013, 05:53:46 PM »
I had to look it up, I thought it was poor grammer and should have read a great pair of tits, but those actually are great tits :o

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2013, 05:36:22 AM »
A little late to the party here. I was never one to actively hunt autographs, but as a youngster I managed to acquire The Ramones (except for Joey, who acted like a massive douche), Uriah Heep (the Lawton/Bolder variety), Michael Schenker, Joe Lynn Turner, Sandy West, Rick Derringer, Paul Stanley, Ace Frehley, Paul Shaffer... and Tony Randall. An eclectic lot!
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2013, 02:06:21 PM »
We get quite a variety of tits competing with the squirrels for their food: great tits and blue tits are regulars, and occasionally we get coal tits and long-tail tits...
Have also seen marsh tits, as well as the very elusive bearded tits and crested tits...

What sort of tits do you get in the USofA...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2013, 03:11:00 PM »
We get quite a variety of tits...

What sort of tits do you get in the USofA...?

36C Cup, silicone filled  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2013, 05:32:29 PM »

36C Cup, silicone filled  ;)

Especially visible on any TV show with a title including the words "Real Housewives of...."
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2013, 06:21:31 PM »
"A Sale of Two Titties".
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2013, 08:13:06 PM »
"A Sale of Two Titties".

Not to mention Knickerless Nickleby and Olsen's Standard Book of British Birds -- the expurgated version.   :mrgreen:

mc2NY

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2013, 05:54:55 AM »
One of my Les Paul Signature Basses came with Les Paul's signature scratched into the pickguard...in addition to Les' actual signature he did on all the inside labels on them.

I had a Hamer signed by a Def Lepp guy that I removed. Also had another Hamer Chap 5 signed by all five Def Lepp guys with the photo of them signing it...traded it for a rare Hamer doubleneck bass.

I generally do not like signatures scrawled on instruments. I DO have several that have the endorser name over the logo that was done at the factory.

...and I HATE the trend of sellers getting "stars" to sign piles of low-end POS axes to boost the re-sale value, especially brands/models that they never even played.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2013, 12:47:56 PM »

...and I HATE the trend of sellers getting "stars" to sign piles of low-end POS axes to boost the re-sale value, especially brands/models that they never even played.

Or even high end gear that they didn't play. Like the seller who was trying to get $800K for his Martin D-35 that he got Paul McCartney to sign.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2013, 02:09:42 PM »
I'm sure I've heard that story before... ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

mc2NY

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2013, 03:50:37 AM »
I think the only musician signed gear that might interest me might be something signed by a dead "legend," like Les Paul, Entwistle, Buddy Holly, Louis Armstrong, Gram Parsons, etc....or a drum signed by the Def Lepp drummer using his hand/arm he later lost.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2013, 08:32:31 AM »
I think the only musician signed gear that might interest me might be something signed by a dead "legend," like Les Paul, Entwistle, Buddy Holly, Louis Armstrong, Gram Parsons, etc....or a drum signed by the Def Lepp drummer using his hand/arm he later lost.

That might interest me if it was something they actually played.

leftybass

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2013, 09:06:33 AM »
I've given more autographs than I've received but here's what I can recall having:

Ron Flynt(bassist - 20/20) autographed CD(I learned to play bass playing along with that album)
Pete Best autographed photo
Chris Squire autographed CD
All of Cheap Trick autographed CD
Peter Noone("Herman" of Herman's Hermits) autographed Epiphone Rivoli
Peter Hook autographed photo
Peter Hook autographed poster
Archie Bell(Archie Bell and The Drells "Tighten Up") autographed card
John Lodge(Moody Blues) autographed CD
Steve Jones(Sex Pistols) autographed card
Burton Gilliam("Lyle" -Blazing Saddles) autographed drum head
Warren Haynes(Govt. Mule) autographed CD
Carol Kaye autographed photo
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 09:17:20 AM by leftybass »
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2014 Austin Music Poll
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2013 Austin Music Poll
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2012 Austin Music Poll
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2011 Austin Music Poll
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2010 Austin Music Poll

Proud owner of Dee Murray's Steinberger.

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2013, 08:16:36 PM »
So managed to capture an interesting moment - took my bass I got signed to Alembic to have a bit of work done on it. They always have a bunch of instruments hanging out in the lobby - noticed a nice small body bass lying on the couch - took a while before realizing it was Stanley Clarke's bass that he used at the show I saw! We got a nice little tour of what they have in the works - I've known Mica for a while now just from talking to her at Alembic gatherings - and fortunately before we left I had the presence of mind to ask if I could take a few pictures of my bass next to Stanley's - this is the best one:

They are waiting for the new bridge and nut - he went to his tenor tuning (ADGC) on this bass - that's why he couldn't use it at the show I saw, at least one of the strings was jumping out of the saddle.