Gear Discussion Forums > Rickenbacker Basses

Someone got a great deal on a ricken lxncker

<< < (2/3) > >>

chromium:
Wow it does look like Rickenlxncker!

Highlander:
Ilan... could you enlighten me as to the "variant" on the branding - never heard of them being called by this name before...

Dave W:
There's no variant. The guy just can't read the Rickenbacker script on the truss rod cover.

eb2:
I don't know.  It is possible that someone could be that dumb.  I have seen the occasional Fender with no model name listed over the past decade.  But it seems to me that someone who knew they had an old bass, and sold books and records on ebay, would figure out how to find the real name of a 4001 bass.  But if someone had a hot bass, or it was an old Univox with a nice truss rod cover, and they wanted to play Mickey The Dunce when confronted, then it would be easy to throw up a lot of plausible deniability if they thought it was a Ricken Lxncker.  Especially with that unpronounceable second part of the name.  Kinda hard to have a series of consonants strung together and not know you have something off.  Like some bad feedback.

ilan:

--- Quote from: eb2 on March 29, 2010, 07:12:58 PM ---Like some bad feedback.

--- End quote ---
You mean feedlxnck, right?  ;)

(Sorry, couldn't resist...  ;D)

Maybe it's hot, who knows, I guess it's possible. But the pic doesn't look like a Univox to me, it looks like a real deal mid-70's 4001.

My eBay search string is for ricken*, this way I find the misspellings that fly under the radar of other searches. Like Rickenbacher, Rickenbaker, and the occasional ricken lxncker.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version