Author Topic: Spinal Tap - reality version  (Read 600 times)

ilan

• View Profile
Spinal Tap - reality version
« on: May 13, 2014, 10:43:02 AM »

And she actually says "you can't get more black". And the rug, of course.
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
Re: Spinal Tap - reality version
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 11:17:22 AM »
Haha, hilarious! :mrgreen:

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 05:16:28 PM »
Sigh, I've seen this in parts before and it makes me flinch - any naiveté by Candice is of course sincere and heartfelt, she is American after all ... (running from a posse of enraged US LBOlers ...).  :mrgreen:

But Blackers' penchant for irony and practical jokes can quickly show a mean streak - what the hell did that poor interview girl, young enough to be his daughter (heck, his wife is young enough to be his daughter!), do to deserve to be the object of his piss taking throughout all his answers? Very much jaded 70ies rock star who thinks that interviews are beneath him with anyone not fully versed in his career. Relievingly, Candice gently takes over at a certain point and chats nicely with the girl. I was waiting for that to happen, she tolerates her husband's inherent nastiness only to a certain extent. I've seen her juggle his moods even on stage in situations where any other singer would have - deservedly - hit him with something over his head.

Candice is better at "managing" Ritchie than Ian Gillan and David Coverdale and even the Deep Purple diplomats Jon Lord and Roger Glover ever were. So he must feel something like love (if only for her and perhaps their children) after all.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 03:40:02 PM »
I could think of one or two things where Candice could blow away anything IG or DC could offer...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 06:03:57 AM »
I really don't know what you mean. Your postings are always so kryptic.

One of her best acts is starting to dust the floor with a witches' broom (not Ritchie's broom I hasten to add!) whenever Blackmore's solos take too long. Even he laughed when she did that and then looked reprimandingly at her wrist as if there was a watch there.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 06:58:50 AM »
 "Everyones talking and saying nothing" Hahahahahahahahaha! The should have just left the camera on the bird interviewing him. :o
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird