Main Forums > The Bass Zone

Tough review

<< < (2/5) > >>

Pilgrim:
Sorry to hear that about the Mosrite!

I thought the curriculum of Advanced Power Tool 501 (Graduate level) includes planning each project so that it justifies buying another tool before you can start the project.  A properly sequenced set of projects can lead to a nicely equipped shop.

drbassman:

--- Quote from: TBird1958 on January 21, 2009, 09:29:31 AM --- You're going to send it off to the Knackerman...............Just like the family minivan.
A most disturbing tendancy  ;)

--- End quote ---

Oh yeah, I'm getting less sentimental in my old age!!!!  And the van is resting happily at a local non-profit country museum where the grounds folks now use it as a rolling tool shed!  Pretty cool ,no?

drbassman:

--- Quote from: Dave W on January 21, 2009, 09:41:40 AM ---Fine, but please realize that you don't have to justify buying more power tools. And you certainly don't need to wait until you actually need them to buy them.  ;D

--- End quote ---

My problem has been financial support for my tool needs, not requirements for them!  Every time I rehab or buy a bass, I have trouble letting it go.  SO, I gotta sell something once in awhile to expand my capabilities.  It's all good!

drbassman:

--- Quote from: Pilgrim on January 21, 2009, 11:53:21 AM ---Sorry to hear that about the Mosrite!

I thought the curriculum of Advanced Power Tool 501 (Graduate level) includes planning each project so that it justifies buying another tool before you can start the project.  A properly sequenced set of projects can lead to a nicely equipped shop.

--- End quote ---

I used this "man law" you refer to Al for years.  But the wife has caught on and I need to generate more of my own "shop funding" as she has been spending my disposable funds on things like new kitchens, hardwood floors, blah, blah blah!!!

At least the house is a lot nicer now and we're both loving it.  But it sure hurts my shop expansion potential.

sniper:

--- Quote from: drbassman on January 21, 2009, 12:53:43 PM ---I used this "man law" you refer to Al for years.  But the wife has caught on and I need to generate more of my own "shop funding" as she has been spending my disposable funds on things like new kitchens, hardwood floors, blah, blah blah!!!

At least the house is a lot nicer now and we're both loving it.  But it sure hurts my shop expansion potential.

--- End quote ---

if all else fails: ... fall on her bosum gently displaying a profound weakness of your knees and start bawling with real tears and with many sobs elaborate on how good she is for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version