Main Forums > The Bass Zone

Tough review

<< < (5/5)

drbassman:

--- Quote from: rahock on January 23, 2009, 02:39:15 PM ---It's interesting that you brought the name Vox into the picture. The only guy I knew who really got a nice sound out of his Mosrite bass (about 40 years ago) was using a Vox amp. I can't recall the model name. Everyone called it a Super Beatle, but it wasn't. It was a bit less power than than the 240 watt Beatle, it was a tube head and it had a 15" and a 10" speaker in the cab. The Mosrite lacked balls through anything else he tried, but that amp did it up real well. Another story with a sad ending :sad:.
He kept blowing the 10" speaker so he got rid of the amp. He couldn't find anything else that sounded good with the Mosrite , so he dumped it too :o
Rick

--- End quote ---

I love the look of both the hollow and solid Mosrite basses.  I give Semie credit, he didn't copy anyone else, his designs were original and attractive.  The electronics leave a lot to be desired though.  I actually thought about keeping it and putting TV Jones ThunderTrons in it, but I got such a good deal on it, I figured I could get all of my minimal investment back by parting it out.  Besides, the Celebrity basses weren't the top of the line, so breaking it up wasn't a major sin, just a minor one.  I know lots of Mosrite folks who will be very happy withe parts I'm providing.  Best wishes to all of them.  Now, back to my power tool shopping list................. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version