Author Topic: NBD Squier VM Precision  (Read 5476 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
NBD Squier VM Precision
« on: November 23, 2013, 03:45:10 PM »
  I have had my eye on this bass for a while but I couldn't justify it. Lately at my new job I find myself with a a lot of free time, as my supervisor puts it 6 hours of work in a eight hour shift. So to pass the time (and keep my chops up) I thought I'd bring a bass into work, the question is which one? The only cheapie I had was the Jackson, it's big and heavy in a hard shell case. I needed something light that was long scale and fit in a gig bag. I have  to say this Squier VM Precision is awesome right out of the box! Beautiful fit and finish(the LP blue is stunning), nice fret work and I was able to get the action super low. The rosewood fingerboard is beautiful and has pearloid dots, a very nice touch. The bass is super light and resonant. If you are looking for a inexpensive P bass I highly recommend this bass.  :)
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: NBD Squier VM Precision
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 12:22:36 PM »
 Another quick picture.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 09:39:06 AM »
Good looking bass. Nice "beater"!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 08:38:11 AM »
Lovely color - the Squier lines are some pretty good basses, especially at their price points.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 11:05:10 AM »
 I really don't need to do anything to it. I might put some CTS pots in it for the heck of it, maybe a Dimarzio P pickup. I need to remember it's just for practice at work.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 02:26:58 PM »
I had a silver Squier Jag that I sold to my drummer - very nice guy - and he's in love with it.  He loves the Labella Deep Talkin' flats on it.  I only sold it because it was too much like other basses I already had, but it's a very good bass, and easily the equal of others costing multiples of its price. 
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."