Author Topic: Fiesta Red P stolen  (Read 5796 times)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: Fiesta Red P stolen
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2009, 06:00:30 AM »
Yeah it is. He immediately said he would pay the bass and I said we'd have to wait till we found it or do something with Fender. Because of this shit situation Fender was so nice to provide us with a very cheap bass:)

pamlicojack

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 10:07:56 AM »
Is loaning out basses really that common?  I can only think of one time in the past 20 years that someone wanted to use one of my basses for recording purposes.  I politely declined because I don't loan out any of my equipment....

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2009, 10:19:00 AM »
If I can help local bands or something it's no problem to me. A while ago I had like four basses out. Two to  two pro Dutch bands for recordings, which is nice:) My basses are more famous than me;)

But that's just guys I know. I never loan out the T-bird or tube amps.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2009, 06:44:19 PM »
I feel a bit like a fish out of water here...

Not another thing...! first your Hiwatt, now this...  :sad:

Chain everything down in future Chris, and have a word with the BIG ENTITY upstairs to see if you can get a change in this streak of luck your having... speak to you soon...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Saf

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2009, 11:12:42 PM »
Nive to hear you got another fender, Chris. I have also some basses, guitars and even amps out. Some bands of mine had an major backline broblem, so the basguitarist usses one of my basses and a cab. The guitarist uses my backup london city amp plus cab. Some younger family members and two collegue who are thinking of going to learn to play guitar or bass have some guitars at home. So they can try it out, before buying an instrument.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2009, 12:13:59 AM »
@ Ken: Well, the bass was stolen in November and now a replacement is back, so no problem. Hiwatt UK collected the DR201 yesterday, so I hope to have it back within a month wen our gigs start.

@ Saf: The same to me. If a friend calls with problems I'll help him or her. As long as it isn't the Thunderbird. Maybe you know them: The MeloManics are touring with one of my basses and Diets of Johan used two of my basses for recording the new Johan CD.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2009, 04:09:55 AM »
The 50s P and DR201 are both back to make some Live at Leeds sound:)

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2009, 05:58:11 AM »
Glad to hear it all worked out in the end Chris. I agree with Scott, and your mate obviously understood that he should never have left it in the car.
I do loan gear to people but only 1 or 2 people have access to certain basses, all others are told no. These select people are guys in the industry that I have known for over 30 years. Only today I was at work when a song came on the radio that I recognized as one that had my Jazz bass doing the bassline.  More often this happens with ads  :rolleyes: sometimes even with me playing.

The reason I will loan to these people is because I also have access to their gear and studios. What goes around comes around as they say.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 12:46:27 AM by Freuds_Cat »
Digresion our specialty!

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2009, 05:30:34 PM »
ahh... the classic beer crate...  ;D
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2009, 01:03:06 AM »
 :mrgreen: normally I bring pieces of black cloth or vintage '81 AC/DC shirts to cover the crate. Especially the yellow or green ones. This black one did the job well.

I think my Hiwatt sounds slightly better with a beer crate. It brings that burpy sound. And I prefer Heineken over other brands.

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2009, 01:06:00 AM »
Ain't life a gas (BELCH) ...  :mrgreen:

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 06:38:00 AM »
As you maybe know I bought a second MIM P a while ago. Both Ps are now my main gigging basses with the Hiwatt. First pic: