Author Topic: Calling all gearheads  (Read 2143 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Calling all gearheads
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 05:31:36 PM »
I don't know, Al... it's only a game...  ;D

(ducking under the bleachers)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 08:27:48 PM »
I generally disapprove of purple strongly, but I'll make an exception for the 'Vette as long as there's no gold trim.
That's nearly my favorite 'Vette.  My real favorites are the '61 and '62 models with the same 4-round headlights but the Sting Ray tail - this one is in tasteful Crimson...

My favs are the '64-'67s, but outside that, the '62s with the Sting Ray tails are next up.
I'd drive a purple car in a second, as long as it was made by Dodge or Plymouth in 1970 or 1971. Incidentally, Challengers will be available in Plum Crazy later this year. :)
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 10:44:53 PM »
you guys both just passed by the 63 split window. yeah, it's a design flaw but looks so kool.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 12:40:00 AM »
I like the Classic Red an' white for those Vettes!

I'm still lovin' my black '94 convertible Vette but will probly sell it before long.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 06:29:05 AM »
you guys both just passed by the 63 split window. yeah, it's a design flaw but looks so kool.

Those were okay but I just liked the big back window of the '64 ups. That said, I'd sure take one.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 10:48:30 AM »

The whole Sting Ray model series looks like a 'Vette OUGHT to look.  I've ridden in a '63 split window - it's a 'Vette.  There just aren't as many as there are other models, which is why people spend stupid $$ for them.

But I do have a big soft spot for those transitional early 60's models with the 4 round headlights and the pointed Sting Ray tail.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 12:11:06 PM »
I used like everything from 56 through 69. The next few years before 73 when it lost the front bumper are OK, but I don't like the egg crate grills on the fenders. Any more though I still like seeing anything through 82. When I bought my 69 I was hoping to find a Sting Ray but they were out of my price range. Of course, I found one about a year after I bought my 69, but talked myself out of buying yet another 'Vette. I ended up really loving the 69 model Stingray. It still has the 60's styling but the sleek, updated shark body.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 09:03:42 PM »
Very nice - including the essential red stripe tires (originally Goodyear Polyglas, which I remember 'coz i had them on my '66 GTO).
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."