Author Topic: Liquid Tension LIVE~ Tony Levin & Co.  (Read 3522 times)

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
Re: Liquid Tension LIVE~ Tony Levin & Co.
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2008, 03:43:51 PM »
TONIGHT!!!  :D

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2008, 12:14:56 AM »
Fokken INCREDIBLE, AMAZING, FANTASTIC, WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

BEST SHOW I'VE SEEN SINCE DAVE MENIKETTI's 50TH BIRTHDAY BASH!!!

Phenomenal Musicianship! 4 SUPERTALENTED MOFOS!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

A DVD was filmed so I'm keeping my review short.
Just get the DVD!!!!

Tony Levin was BRILLIANT on his saffron bass & Chapman Stick!! Oh my GOD!!!!!
Jordan Rudess is a GENIUS!
John Petrucci nearly blew up his rig halfway thru. Jordan played a loooong solo as John & his tech worked on the rig.
Looked like the 2nd half was gonna be Liquid Trio Experiment. (They put out an album last year of tracks without Petrucci)
Luckily they got it workin' again & Petrucci made a show of wipin' the sweat from his brow like >WHEW<
Mike Portnoy is the Best Drummer in the world! ...& conductor. :D

Opened with Acid Rain, & Paradigm Shift was one of the encores. They did EVERY other toon from BOTH albums in between!!!!!!!!!!

Played for I think 2 & a half hours!!!

Rhapsody In Blue METALLIZED was BADASS!

Only better shows I've seen were Led Zeppelin!!!!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 12:48:51 AM by Rhythm N. Bliss »

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2008, 05:56:39 AM »
I had tears in my eyes at one point cuz the music was SO beautiful & also cuz I may never be that good!!!! on ANY of those instruments!!!!

Steve & I have been discussing a discussion online about Who Is The Greatest Musician Ever on Earth? & tho we both were kind of agreeing with some that it's BEETHOVEN, we've also been saying Hendrix was certainly in a class by himself....
So towards the end of the concert when the sound was dialed in just perfect--the acoustics were GREAT at the Downey Civic Theater!!!--& the music was building to crescendo after crescendo & the guys got to the PEAK of their performance, I said to Steve,
"F%*K Beethoven!" Ha haaa haaa
"Roll Over Beethoven!" LMFAO!

Petrucci looked like a WARRIOR with HUGE guns--Man, his arms are bigger than some people's legs---He has been WORKIN' OUT with WEIGHTS for sure! & his CHOPS are MIGHTY POWERFUL tooo
Oh~ an' he grew his hair back long. He looked like a putz when he had short hair.

Portnoy looked Coool too with long hair again & his beard in a braid like a certain pirate.
He was BEATIN' those skins & hittin' those cimbals like a TENTH DEGREE BLACKBELT CHAMPION!!!!!!!
Playing a small single bass white sparkle kit with the small floor tom added on his left & only 2 small Octobans, I couldn't be sure if he used Double Pedals or not. Didn't matter. He sounded MIGHTY!!!!!

Tony Levin came onstage carrying his Chapman Stick & played it the majority of the time, playing ABSOLUTELY AMAZING STUFF! He got some very Deeep & HEAVY sounds out of his MUSICMAN bass tooo
I hope the DVD will have some isolated bass tracks like Entwistle on that Who DVD.
He used the sticks fastened to his fingers that he designed too, of course. AWESOME!!
He was pickin' with 3 fingers on that Stick & just WAILIN' on that fokker!!!!

Jordan Rudess looked just like a WIZARD which of course HE IS! A Keyboard Wizard of the first degree, HE may be The Greatest Musician Ever On Earth!!!!
Good Lord he is FANTASTIC!!! & unlike some of the other great keyboardists, he DOES IT ALL on ONE KEYBOARD!
That ONE KEYBOARD is as FANFOKKINGTASTIC as the gentleman playin' it!
It goes from a HAMMOND B-3 ORGAN sound to a HEAVY SYNTH SOUND to Piano to Clavinet to Accordion AUTOMAGICALLY!!!!!
It even has a built in Theramin that enables Jordan to get a WAVE of SOUND simply by a WAVE of HIS HAND!!!!
VERY MAGICAL!
His Roland Fantom G8 was secured to a HEAVY DUTY stand with a circular frame that allowed him to swivel around & face the band or face away from the band, & he was movin' around a lot with that.

Jordan, Tony & John all often stood in true ROCK STAR stances from time to time, as the MUSIC moved thru those HEAVY parts in their DYNAMIC MASTERPIECES!!!!

A Very, Very Special Night!!!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 06:01:57 AM by Rhythm N. Bliss »

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 01:57:55 PM »
Funneeee  :mrgreen: