Author Topic: RIP Les Paul  (Read 3515 times)

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
Re: RIP Les Paul
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 11:53:27 AM »
Looks like I'll be putting some fresh strings on the LPB-1 for this weekends gigs.

RIP :(

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 12:10:00 PM »
Those knobs and switches aren't to hard to figure out. It's those pickups that remain a mystery. Nobody seems to know who exactly made those and what's inside.

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 01:41:29 PM »
Very sad :sad:
Putting aside his genius and his numerous contributions to the music industry.........he just seemed to be a really cool guy 8).
RIP Les Paul, and don't worry about me and my hearing loss......it wasn't ALL your fault ;)
Rick

Hornisse

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 04:00:18 PM »
RIP Les Paul.  :sad:

It is hard to believe that Gibson stopped making the single cutaway Les Paul guitars after the 1960 model year. (I know they made the SG Les Paul's, but not the same)  It is a good thing that Bloomfield, Clapton, Beck, Allman and Page amongst others started playing them so Gibson would reissue them in '68.  Makes me wish I'd bought that Les Paul Standard 5 string bass last month.....

ramone57

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 06:09:29 PM »
I saw Les demo his black box at Veneman's Music (Rockville, MD) back in the late 70's, just after the first 'Chester & Lester' lp was released.  it was completely amazing to witness, just him and a young drummer.  he wasn't feeling well but still managed to perform with enthusiasm and entertain the crowd with funny stories and lots of jokes.  afterwards he hung around to sign stuff and I brought my copy of 'Chester & Lester', which he was nice enough to sign and black in one of Chet's teeth.  I'll try to scan the cover, it's a hoot.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 07:17:24 PM by ramone57 »

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2009, 07:10:01 AM »
Chester and Lester.....priceless ;D
Rick

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace: