Author Topic: Dylan... I don't believe a word of it  (Read 501 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Dylan... I don't believe a word of it
« on: August 16, 2021, 10:59:46 PM »
Bob Dylan sued for allegedly drugging, sexually assaulting 12-year-old in 1965

The lawsuit was filed on the last day of a "look back window" in New York that allowed claims long past the statute of limitations.

IMHO anyone who files a suit like this, 56 years after the alleged incident, is a liar and a grifter and should be criminally charged.

4stringer77

• View Profile
Re: Dylan... I don't believe a word of it
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 06:14:25 AM »
I can't imagine there's any evidence which would mean old Mr Zimmerman shouldn't settle and let the plaintiff try to prove it in court.
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2021, 11:17:20 AM »
Aaaand ... CUT!!!

That Chelsea Hotel must have been some place.

I have no idea what happened 56 years ago in the days of free love and mind-enhancing substances between a folk singer (popular with the fairer sex) on his way up and a teenage fan. Most likely, His Bobness has no real recollection either. (Rock and pop stars with underage girls - whoever even heard of such a thing?!)

Whether this is a matter for the courts in this day and age is another issue altogether. Now stone me. (I still haven't gotten over the fact how House of Cards' last season was ruined without my beloved Frank Underwood.)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 03:03:52 PM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2021, 01:44:20 PM »
I think that relationships 56 years ago were looked at somewhat differently than they are today.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

D.M.N.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2021, 08:05:08 PM »
Saw this the other day. I'll reserve judgement til more evidence comes to light, but I do try to be fair in that I believe victims with valid claims and proof.

That being said, in this instance I am skeptical given a few points. Ignoring the timing of the lawsuit, the period it's alleged to have taken place was over 6 weeks in April and May of '65 in his apartment at the Chelsea Hotel. Well, from the 30th of April until the 10th of May, Bob Dylan was on tour in England, plus travel days either side of that I'm sure. And secondly, from what I recall reading in another article, it's documented that he had an apartment in the Chelsea Hotel from '61-'64, and the only time he stayed at the hotel in '65 was during the fall. And all of that, I would think would be a pretty easy matter of record to show.

So until further evidence is given, it seems like a pretty tenuous allegation/lawsuit.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2021, 09:06:10 PM »
Saw this the other day. I'll reserve judgement til more evidence comes to light, but I do try to be fair in that I believe victims with valid claims and proof.

That being said, in this instance I am skeptical given a few points. Ignoring the timing of the lawsuit, the period it's alleged to have taken place was over 6 weeks in April and May of '65 in his apartment at the Chelsea Hotel. Well, from the 30th of April until the 10th of May, Bob Dylan was on tour in England, plus travel days either side of that I'm sure. And secondly, from what I recall reading in another article, it's documented that he had an apartment in the Chelsea Hotel from '61-'64, and the only time he stayed at the hotel in '65 was during the fall. And all of that, I would think would be a pretty easy matter of record to show.

So until further evidence is given, it seems like a pretty tenuous allegation/lawsuit.

More on that:

Bob Dylan Biographer: Alleged Sexual Abuse ‘Not Possible’ Due To Timeline