Author Topic: Saying goodbye to a friend of 43 years...  (Read 1304 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
Re: Saying goodbye to a friend of 43 years...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 03:59:13 PM »
Good Luck with the sale. I know where you're at; I sold my (bought in '72) MGA a few years ago when I realized it had been sitting in my sisters garage too long and I would never find the time to get it running again. But there were about 8 years of fun with it, including my very first autocross where i tied for 2 nd place to the hundreth of a second, lost the run-off though.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 04:43:24 PM »
Strange - this happens every to me on Craigslist.  I listed the car and got a call in 45 minutes - the gent is nearby and stopping off here in 15 min to see the car. 

Seems like the best time for anything to be found is the hour right after it hits Craigslist.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 07:11:12 PM »
I wish you luck with the sale. You're right, it's time, even though it will be hard to let it go.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 08:37:44 PM »
The gent who came over is 2 years older than I - has a couple of other collecttor cars and is working on a Crosley Hotshot.  His wife was not feeling well so he couldn't stay long.  He said he'd follow up tomorrow - we'll see.  I sure won't count any chickens there.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 03:17:03 AM »
I've never seen one of those before. Good looking cars.

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 01:37:44 PM »
Good luck with it.  If he knows enough to restore a Crosley he must be excited about your car.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 01:51:24 PM »
Whoah...

The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...