Author Topic: Boy this Tbird gets around  (Read 1634 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Boy this Tbird gets around
« on: March 11, 2008, 05:02:09 PM »
  Man this looks like the bass that was at Googuy's awhile back, before then I remember seeing it on Gbase and maybe even ebay. Here it is again. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170200687985
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

angrymatt

• View Profile
Re: Boy this Tbird gets around
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 05:38:55 PM »
Prolly being picked up by, "investors," looking for big cash on a quick turn around to an over-rich collector.  I think they should find enlightenment, do away with worldly goods, and just give it to me.  You know.  For karma.
angrymatt, the lurk
'13 NR Thunder "Blue" Bird | '09 BaCHBird | '07 Zebrabird | '06 Tobias Growler | '03 Spector Rebop 5 | '87 Heritage

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 09:39:14 PM »
I sold that guy the truss rod cover from my Bird about a month & a half ago. Wonder if thats the one thats on there? Seems like he's had a couple of Birds pass thru his hands recently. I think he had a 60's reverse Bird on Ebay a while back that had a new headstock rebuilt and it had a graphite overlay. Anyone else remember it?
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

doombass

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 01:19:06 AM »

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 05:06:51 AM »
Yeah, it's funny how some of them make the rounds!  Realistically, even if I had the money $4000 or more), I'm not sure I'd spend it on a bass.  Maybe a Harley, but probably not a bass!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 08:44:10 AM »
Does anyone ever wonder if some these "cherry" basses that keep floating back to the surface are perhaps doggies?  Maybe they look good but play or sound like kaka.  There has to be a reason they keep floating around.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 09:00:32 AM »
Does anyone ever wonder if some these "cherry" basses that keep floating back to the surface are perhaps doggies?  Maybe they look good but play or sound like kaka.  There has to be a reason they keep floating around.

Could be. Or maybe it's just speculators looking for a quick return on their investment.

Johnny Crab

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 10:46:47 AM »
Maybe they look good but play or sound like kaka.  There has to be a reason they keep floating around.
If anyone sees a '64 single pickup sunburst in mint condition(SN started with either 212xxxx or 1967xxx), one of the ones I sold in the late 80's, falls into that catagory and was kaka-sound. My MAIN one(played for 10+ years) with a headstock repair blew it out of the water sound-wise. No idea why....maybe the pickup sucked or it hadn't been played enough?
If you are truly interested in the truth, start by turning off the television.