Author Topic: A Jackson and a Hayman  (Read 2112 times)

Hörnisse

• View Profile
A Jackson and a Hayman
« on: January 11, 2013, 05:29:54 PM »
My daughter (now 29) sent me this photo from around 1998.  I remember I bought the Hayman 40-40 from Bob before he became the Swami.  I found it in an ad in Vintage Guitar.  The Jackson was an old one.  I think someone on the Jackson Forum owns it.  Bought it at a Pawn Shop in Austin and it was originally sold at Lightning Music and Sound in Austin.  The amp was a Peavey Mark VIII with a 410 cabinet that I used with the Motorola Corporate Band.  I loved that setup! 

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: A Jackson and a Hayman
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 05:56:12 PM »
That Hayman is infinitely cool.

Cute daughter as well!  ;)
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Hörnisse

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 03:43:08 PM »
She was really into the music of the day.  Korn, Marilyn Manson, Our Lady Peace, Alice In Chains, etc.  I tried my best to show her some of the riffs to her favorite songs and she'd pick them up quickly.  That Jackson had EMG pickups.  A traditional "P" and a Humbucker.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 12:47:02 PM »
A guy I know just bought a Hayman. Love to see it once. I found an eight string on internet. Somewhere for sale in the UK. Something for you, Uwe?

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 02:58:53 PM »
i had a hayman. be careful what you wish for.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Hörnisse

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 03:19:26 PM »
At least I got a good deal on it nofi! :)  It did have an unusual and pesky truss rod system.  Very hard to turn and tough to get at.  You had to remove the serial number plate just below the neck plate to access the rod and you could only use a very thin screwdriver or hex wrench to stick through the hole and adjust it.  I bent quite a few of them adjusting the neck.  Believe it or not the reason I wanted one was because of this old Don Kirshner Rock Concert clip!

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 09:16:16 AM »
ha. i knew what the clip would be before looking! mine was black like mike lutz's.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 01:49:39 PM »
Great clip... ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 04:03:13 PM »
At least I got a good deal on it nofi! :)  It did have an unusual and pesky truss rod system.  Very hard to turn and tough to get at.  You had to remove the serial number plate just below the neck plate to access the rod and you could only use a very thin screwdriver or hex wrench to stick through the hole and adjust it.  I bent quite a few of them adjusting the neck.  Believe it or not the reason I wanted one was because of this old Don Kirshner Rock Concert clip!

Naaahhh, I'll bet that you REALLY wanted the white sequined jumpsuit and the white boots to match.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."