Author Topic: So I Quit my band and traded My 200 Hiwatt Stack for a Non Reverse T bird II  (Read 1782 times)

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
For 2 years I had put up with a Mid Life Crisis Corporate Control freak Guitar player extraordinaire turned semi decent singer/songwriter and a killer drummer who is a basket case Bi-Polar mania mental case...These are the guys I scored the deal with Mercury back in 1991. It could have been a cool band...IF we had a lead singer and not the guitar player attempting to sing. They refused to do my songs...only the guitar players....Sad fact-our Guitar player had become the man he hated most-our ex lead singer. I could not take the demeaning and degrading, insults and the fact that they were treating me like it was 1991. Apparently, too much baggage and too many issues...
   So.....a week after I quit...I play with John Densmore from the Doors at a block party...then........a week later....
I traded my 200 watt Hiwatt stack for a 1977 T bird.....which I traded for a '69 Custom shop Stratocaster (That was a REALLY NICE GUITAR) and a Rickenbacker 12 string (Neck was too small, strings too close). Then I wound up selling both of those and buying this:
A 1969 All Original UNbroken Gibson Non Reverse Thunderbird II.

I can't put this bass down!!!!!!!

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
Now that looks really sweet! Scott is going to be jealous (as well as anyone else who likes them). Congrats!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
Very nice!!!
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
our Guitar player had become the man he hated most-our ex lead singer.

There can only be one "MM"! And he can sing like a mofo, so at least there's SOMETHING to justify the abuse. At least for a while...

Congrats on the bass Baz!

westen44

• View Profile
Definitely a great bass. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com

Lookin' good Baz!

Life's far too short to spoil the pleasure, and pure fun one can derive from making music with the right people - Like Scott, there comes a time to move on from the A-Holes and make your own musical way.   
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

westen44

• View Profile

Lookin' good Baz!

Life's far too short to spoil the pleasure, and pure fun one can derive from making music with the right people - Like Scott, there comes a time to move on from the A-Holes and make your own musical way.   

You got it right.  A wise approach. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Aussie Mark

• View Profile
That's not a Jazz bass
Cheers
Mark
http://rollingstoned.com.au - The Australian Rolling Stones Show
http://thevolts.com.au - The Volts
http://doorsalive.com.au - Doors Alive

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Congrats! Yeah I may be a wee bit jealous but that is one beautiful bass. My favorite NR is a '69.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
There can only be one "MM"! And he can sing like a mofo, so at least there's SOMETHING to justify the abuse. At least for a while...

Congrats on the bass Baz!

Yeah, Tom..MM sure does know how to sing...He isn't the greatest...but He does know how to sing.....My old guitar player kept having a Marc Bolan T Rex quivering voice...Oh it was way too much. Like 10 times the quivering Marc Bolan did. But he in the end has become a control Freak. Even MM is a LOT nicer and mellower these days....

Thanks for the compliments fellas!!!! No it isn't a jazz bass...But I would rather spend the money on a vintage T bird over a Fender ANYDAY!!!! (BUT..someday..I still would Like an original sunburst 1964 jazz!!!! Or a stripped slab Board Jazz!!)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
That's not a Jazz bass

It's never too late for the path of virtue.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
Even MM is a LOT nicer and mellower these days....

Without a doubt.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
Without a doubt.

I take that back about MM...same old spoiled little rich boy Self serving jerk. Just had an incident with him last night. oh well.....