Main Forums > The Outpost Cafe

<< < (2/5) > >>

Rob:

--- Quote from: westen44 on July 20, 2017, 05:29:22 AM ---I think stuff like this may happen more than people realize.  Your mind gets so focused on the music you may not be paying enough attention to other things.

--- End quote ---
Or you are old and rickety and still wear 5 inch platforms. . .

Basvarken:
Wearing those platform shoes and not so ergonomic costumes is waiting for an accident to happen.

westen44:

--- Quote from: Rob on July 20, 2017, 02:48:43 PM ---Or you are old and rickety and still wear 5 inch platforms. . .

--- End quote ---

I guess so.  Personally, though, I had a lot of mishaps even when I was much younger.  At practices I would knock things over.  There is an Ibanez bass I knocked off the stand which I wish had.  On stage, I usually stand fairly still to avoid potential problems.  Sometimes when I watch musicians moving around on stage so much, i honestly wonder how they do it without bumping into each other. 

amptech:

--- Quote from: westen44 on July 20, 2017, 04:52:44 PM ---Sometimes when I watch musicians moving around on stage so much, i honestly wonder how they do it without bumping into each other.

--- End quote ---

I think that's what we call choreography :)

westen44:

--- Quote from: amptech on July 20, 2017, 09:44:11 PM ---I think that's what we call choreography :)

--- End quote ---

I think that can look good when some bands can choreograph their moves.  Usually, I've just stood up there and played, though.  Through the years, I've especially developed an admiration for lead singers who can sing well and also move gracefully and establish a stage presence.  I'm speaking of famous artists for the most part.  It's something which isn't as easy as it looks. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version