Author Topic: 2010 Movies  (Read 17995 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Movies
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2010, 02:36:38 PM »
Finally seen Inception... what a movie... 8) 8) 8)

We have Avatar with an extra 10 minutes from this weekend over here...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2010, 03:33:20 PM »
I wanna see Expendables.  I figure that it's a B movie made to be a B movie, and the world needs more of those.  My family refers to that genre as "blow 'em ups".
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2010, 03:35:44 PM »
So, for people that work on those sort of movies... it's a blow-job...?
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2010, 01:07:41 PM »
Good movies opening this week!!! Saw Machete & it was FUN & muy macho but muy stupido.
The American is saved by the vivacious, gorgeous, STUNNING leading lady--played by Violante Placido. wow
The Tillman Sory is next on my list, then Mesrine.

Lots of movies coming up to close out a damn good year.....

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2010, 01:16:29 PM »
Presently looking forward to Tron Legacy

The Avatar special - I enjoyed the extras, but then I enjoyed the original - 4th viewing on the big screen, overall...

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2010, 01:41:25 PM »
So now I've got to see Avatar for the 4th time too, Kenny.

TANGLED looks goood---the new Disney animated flick about Rapunzel:

Nov. 24th!

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2010, 01:45:53 PM »
Enjoy, Terr... enjoy... ;)

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2010, 01:54:32 PM »
We're watching Book of Eli right now.  I already know a big spoiler, but I haven't told the wife, and I'm watching it with a different point of view.  I really do hate movies that have a lot of whispering though.  Really irritating.   >:(
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2010, 02:28:42 PM »
Got the DVD - great film...

Aussie Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2010, 05:52:28 PM »
Saw Toy Story 3 at the drive in last night with the kids.  My 4yo boy cried for half the movie.
Cheers
Mark
http://rollingstoned.com.au - The Australian Rolling Stones Show
http://thevolts.com.au - The Volts
http://doorsalive.com.au - Doors Alive

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2010, 07:11:41 PM »
We're watching Book of Eli right now.  I already know a big spoiler, but I haven't told the wife, and I'm watching it with a different point of view.  I really do hate movies that have a lot of whispering though.  Really irritating.   >:(

WHAT!? HUH!?  ;D

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2010, 10:32:48 PM »
Ze French film Mesrine is really good. Vincent Cassell is EXCELLENT! The rest of the cast ain't that great tho.
Jacques Mesrine is a lot like John Derringer.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2010, 12:40:59 AM »
Saw Despicable Me in 3D for fathers day yesterday with my 6 yo and wife. Great family feel good flick. No great plot twists or anything, pretty predicatable but great characters. Best scene for me was when the Bad guy needed a loan do fund his next big job so he walks into the bank, into the toilet , presses the flush button on the urinal and the wall slides open to reveal a huge cavernous RED entrance foyer with the words "BANK of EVIL (formerly Lehman Bros)" etched across the top of the archway.  ;D
Digresion our specialty!

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2010, 05:18:15 AM »
I wanna see Expendables.  I figure that it's a B movie made to be a B movie, and the world needs more of those.  My family refers to that genre as "blow 'em ups".

Caught it the other day and if there was ever a movie that deserved the "blow'em up" rating, this is it ;D.
It's a bit on the cornball side, with a boatload of cheezy dialogue , a totaly unrealistic everything and butt kicking,blow it to bits violence beyond comparison.
All that being said, I really enjoyed it ;D. That's what I went to see, and that's what I got.
Rick

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2010, 07:06:12 AM »
Caught it the other day and if there was ever a movie that deserved the "blow'em up" rating, this is it ;D.
It's a bit on the cornball side, with a boatload of cheezy dialogue , a totaly unrealistic everything and butt kicking,blow it to bits violence beyond comparison.
All that being said, I really enjoyed it ;D. That's what I went to see, and that's what I got.
Rick

That's EXACTLY what I want and expect from a good "blow 'em up."  Sounds perfect.

Last night I really needed to kill some time, so I watched that deathless epic Bubba Ho-Tep starring Bruce Campbell.  It's about a soul-sucking Egyptian mummy dressed in western boots and hat preying on the residents of a fourth-class retirement home, among whom are Elvis (Campbell) and Ozzie Davis.  Ozzie's convinced that he's John F. Kennedy, and there's another resident named Kemo Sabe who is sure he's the Lone Ranger and wanders around wearing the Ranger's mask and western hat.

Let's just say - Sound of Music or Patton, it wasn't.

But I gotta say that I get a kick out of Bruce Campbell.  The guy isn't afraid to take on any role, no matter how odd or dumb.  He likes to work.  I love his part on the TV series Burn Notice.

Now I wanna see The Expendables.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:10:11 AM by Pilgrim »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."