Author Topic: Dang - tough loss for AZ  (Read 1009 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Dang - tough loss for AZ
« on: February 01, 2009, 08:16:27 PM »
I was rooting for AZ- but their pass defense really let them down on the Steelers' last drive.

I never knew Ben R. was so elusive - I'm amazed he wasn't sacked a half-dozen times.

My hat's off to the Steelers - I didn't like some of their play (Harrison is the guy you hate when he plays on the other team, and love when he's on yours) but they did what it takes. Coming back with that last drive was championship stuff.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
Re: Dang - tough loss for AZ
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 09:11:16 PM »
Yeah, that was a bit of a downer. I was pulling for the Cardinals even tho I don't normally root for them. It was a nail biter in the 4th. I'm just glad that they had a good close game and didn't get blown out.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 09:20:16 PM »
It was a great game no matter who you were rooting for. Two teams who weren't supposed to get that far put on one of the best Super Bowls I've seen.

angrymatt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 09:32:22 PM »
I was a little bummed.  I've always had a soft spot for the Cardinals, but mainly I wanted Pittsburgh to lose as punishment for knocking Baltimore out two weeks ago.
angrymatt, the lurk
'13 NR Thunder "Blue" Bird | '09 BaCHBird | '07 Zebrabird | '06 Tobias Growler | '03 Spector Rebop 5 | '87 Heritage

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 09:51:23 PM »
It WAS one of the most even games in recent memory.  It's always more interesting to watch when the game is up for grabs.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 12:44:06 AM »
I thought you were talking about the Dutch AZ. The Alkmaar-Zaanstreek soccer team. That's he soccer team of my region. In the eighties they were big, but the nineties were very bad for them. The last couple of years the always seem to become national champion in the premier league, but they always get second or third in the last couple of weeks. But this year we almost certainly become national champion:)