Author Topic: Some Fun Ox/Explorer shots  (Read 657 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Some Fun Ox/Explorer shots
« on: January 25, 2012, 11:30:30 AM »
Found some in this video....great music, too...late in the video there are some nice close-ups of the pickups and his fingers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdLIerfXuZ4&feature=related
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: Some Fun Ox/Explorer shots
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 02:15:35 AM »
I watched this one a lot. It's on The Kids Are Alright or on 20 Years of Maximum R 'n B. I watched both a lot, so I dunno exactly. The vid where they play with Kenney Jones for the first time is great too! Isn't it Sister Disco? I think that's a mediocre album track but a great live track. There was a Chicago version on YouTube which disappeared a while ago with a great bass sound. I love what Entwistle does melodically in the middle eight, sang by Pete.

But back to the vid. It was Sister Disco. Here you see a lot of nice basses, including the eight string Rick.

I guess there will be better quality ones, but I found this one:

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 01:21:53 PM »
The Kids Are Alright movie came out before Kenny Jones and the travesty of Athena, so I would say that is from 20 Years.

I remember seeing the Who Are You video on whatever shows were on late weekend nights back then. That was the slot filled by stuff like Midnight Special, Don Kirchner, and whatever they cooked up pre-MTV.
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 03:49:43 PM »
That's that Peter Cook beastie in the first one...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...