Author Topic: What's wrong with this pic?  (Read 956 times)

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
What's wrong with this pic?
« on: August 23, 2008, 11:14:47 AM »
I was watching this one - yeah, waving the Epi freak flag again.  Something about it bugged me.  It looks really clean, but something wasn't right.  It finally dawned on me.  Someone who had this was a lefty, and did a really nice job of modifying the profile of the upper horn.  Prices on these are going up.  Lucky for me if I ever decide to sell.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=380054900037&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=025
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
Re: What's wrong with this pic?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 05:22:46 PM »
Ive seen that at least twice on evil bay the past couple years.
It takes a very deep-rooted opinion to survive unexpressed

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 11:49:23 PM »
Ive seen that at least twice on evil bay the past couple years.

Same seller?  Truth be told, these basses have pretty awful action.  Mine (the Holy Crap bass in my avatar) was nearly unplayable until I had a friend rout out the space under the bridge.  I dropped about 3/32", and put TI Rounds on it.  That made it pretty playable, but it's still a little on the high side.  My luthier said that the neck was perfectly straight, but the design had not allowed for any neck relief when strung up.  There was one up on Ebay a few months back that had the same operation done to it.  I asked the seller about the bridge, and he replied "that's the way they were made".   Yeah, right...
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 03:08:50 AM »
it looks a bit 'Gretsch'  with those horns.