Author Topic: Gibson pickup flaw  (Read 21297 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Gibson pickup flaw
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2013, 05:36:37 PM »
Innocence is an oxymoron for people who don't know better!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2013, 05:53:20 PM »
On the contrary, by any means, please foam it up wth any substances you deem fit, so I won't have to do it!!! We now know the cause and you know how to screw and put your hand underneath for a little padding, don't you? Never thought you that sqeamish, Mark, really ... A man's got to do what a man's got to do, I must insist! Get that pup in order or I'm coming over!!!

Uwe, I'll play the bass a bit first, the eve I sat with it for about an hour - with this thread in mind while playing along to some CCR I really tried to compare the volume on the E string compared to the others - there is a difference, not huge but noticable.  I'll take some pics of it for this thread (I will do a separate review), I'm usually not too squeamish, but this isn't my bass so I'm gonna be pretty damm careful  :-*

Where did I go wrong when I posted this????   :P

I think I gay'd this thread up Bill - I've already edited out quite a bit of Errrmmmm... questionable.
OTOH thanks for posting it, obviously there is a problem.

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2013, 06:16:24 PM »
On the contrary, by any means, please foam it up wth any substances you deem fit, so I won't have to do it!!!

You, sir, are a brave man.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2013, 07:28:23 PM »

I think I gay'd this thread up Bill - I've already edited out quite a bit of Errrmmmm... questionable.
OTOH thanks for posting it, obviously there is a problem.

No problem Mark, I wasn't offended.  Just a tongue in cheek remark!  You're good with me.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2013, 09:24:04 PM »
Yikes! What happened to this thread!

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2013, 10:03:45 PM »

Morticia!

Dang!

There's another 13 seconds (plus clean up) of my life wasted.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2013, 04:47:55 AM »
Pretty pleeeeeeze! 4 screws and some hard foam, a material most certainly in vast abundance with - and I quote! - "the Pacific Northwest's leading source for an exceptional choice of quality lighting fixtures and accessories ..."

I herewith waive all claims re accidental damage of the bass!!!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2013, 09:37:38 AM »
Such a short and un-caveatful (I think I just made up a word) release statement is really saying something about his confidence in your abilities, dear Frau, seeing as it is coming from a lawyer.
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2013, 10:21:03 AM »
Pretty pleeeeeeze! 4 screws and some hard foam, a material most certainly in vast abundance with - and I quote! - "the Pacific Northwest's leading source for an exceptional choice of quality lighting fixtures and accessories ..."

I herewith waive all claims re accidental damage of the bass!!!

Ah yes, our Headquarters building for Northern Region Operations - Downtown Seattle, the building has been there since 1917 (Our company slogan "Seattle Lighting, creating alcoholics since 1917) BassNW is three blocks away +1 more for Emerald City Guitars. When I hired on 10 years ago I spent some time working at this building - enjoyed my time there as the clientele was very interesting on the project side, it was before we had Heavy or Light Rail service into town so the commute and parking were a downer.
 I totally caved and walked to BassNW for lunch hour one day...........Oh crap! There's a beat to shit '76 Thunderbird in the shop! I told Evan Sheely to put my name on it and showed up the next day with 3 basses to trade him for that poor beat thing..... It became the 7 Up green one ;) It hold Uwe and to a lessor extant all of you former Dudepit denizens responsible - I used to be such a sweet, sweet thing!

I get my 10 year Certificate next week, somehow I still have a liver!

I'll take a look at the bass on Thursday and Friday, probably be posting pics before performing any Ermmmm.....Operations in ze name of science  :)        

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2013, 11:48:26 AM »
DANGIT!!!   I was at Bass NW for an hour last summer - didn't know your building was that close!!  Next time I'm in town I'll drop by and buy coffee or something stronger if you have time.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2013, 12:14:25 PM »

Al, you should get a hold of me whenever you find yourself up this way.
I worked at the Downtown store when I started with SLF, but that was 10 years ago - My original purpose was to work at Southcenter ( 12 miles south of Seattle), which I did for almost 9 years, since last September I have transfered to Tacoma, which is just about 20Mi. south. The manager here and several of my co worker used to be at Southcenter so I am amongst friends and enjoying Tacoma - which is a very blue collar/military community.  
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 04:47:12 PM by TBird1958 »

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2013, 01:01:47 PM »
Cool.  I have a brother living in that general area, somewhat closer to Olympia.  My sister is a DVM and works out of the Puyallup area.  I'll let you know next time I'm up - sometimes the schedule is pretty tight.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 01:55:13 PM by Pilgrim »

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2013, 01:35:14 PM »

If you fly in, your plane goes right over my house - Remember to wave to me!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2013, 03:14:35 PM »
I'm waving from a bit east of you, but as I'm somewhat over the horizon, er... pretty pointless really...  :mrgreen:

Where did I go wrong when I posted this????

You got up, Bill... nearly fatal... ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2013, 04:47:33 PM »
I'm waving from a bit east of you, but as I'm somewhat over the horizon, er... pretty pointless really...  :mrgreen:

You got up, Bill... nearly fatal... ;D

At least I still CAN get up!   :rimshot:
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!